The most Completely pointless cycle accessories ever made

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
this...
41hrwiTW5uL._SY300_.jpg

(other designs are available, but all are just as unusable)

this...
41hrwiTW5uL._SY300_.jpg

(other designs are available, but all are just as unusable)

I have a multitool that is designed to be taken apart if needed. Only one problem, the allen key size needed to take it apart is on the multitool, so in order to take it apart, you need to carry around a 2nd allen key of a certain size...:wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I never take that out on a ride with me... never needed it... yet.
I have never needed my chain tool out on a ride for myself but I have repaired chains for stranded friends and strangers on 5 occasions.

People riding with me have broken chains and used their own chain tools to repair them 2 or 3 times over the years.

Breaking a chain isn't something that happens frequently, but it isn't something that is a once in a lifetime event either, and it is a complete showstopper if you are not equipped for it. I do not want to be 40 or 50 miles from home and facing a £100 taxi bill if my chain snaps!

Rustybucket

Veteran
I have never needed my chain tool out on a ride for myself but I have repaired chains for stranded friends and strangers on 5 occasions.

People riding with me have broken chains and used their own chain tools to repair them 2 or 3 times over the years.

Breaking a chain isn't something that happens frequently, but it isn't something that is a once in a lifetime event either, and it is a complete showstopper if you are not equipped for it. I do not want to be 40 or 50 miles from home and facing a £100 taxi bill if my chain snaps!

This happend to me 50 miles into a 100 mile ride from London to the New forrest. Had to walk to a bike shop to get it fixed which added 2 hours to my ride.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This happend to me 50 miles into a 100 mile ride from London to the New forrest. Had to walk to a bike shop to get it fixed which added 2 hours to my ride.
Exactly what I intend to avoid!

Some of the places that I ride to have no mobile signal, are miles from a call box, have huge hills to walk over, and are many miles from a bus or rail station. A broken chain with no means to fix it would be awful, especially if the weather turned nasty in which case it would be seriously dodgy!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Cup holder.

The Fairy race is a wider and more diverse ethnic group than many people realise.

They are also highly organised.

There is the Asset Fairy who checks your tool kit and identifies the piece of kit that you have just decide you haven't used for a while and removed.

The Deployment Fairy then contacts the appropriate local branch and dispatches the correct Fairy to the site and cause maximum hassle.

In my case I carried a tyre boot for three years following a spilt tyre. Tok it out of the tool kit and a week later the Tyre Boot FAiry came along and cut a 2" slit in the tyre.

buggi

Bird Saviour
we have the same one. A couple of setting is enough and we never use more than an entire row flashing only or 1 row static because as you say, it is so bright you don't need the 2nd row!
As for turning it off - simply - click and hold for around 30 secs I think it is and it auto offs... Alternatively from entire row flashing, it is always 4 clicks... I only ever use the top row, so know that I only need the top button - end of entertainment... ;)
i never knew the click and hold but sometimes i have one static row, one flashing. The problem comes when I'm on auto pilot and click it 4 times and i haven't got one of the rows on the first flash setting. Then the fun begins lol. Disco inferno!

Top Bottom