The most Completely pointless cycle accessories ever made

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I have seen my most pointless accessory today in my lbs.

It was a Lezyne Zecto Drive pro light.

I picked it up and thought a nice light, clip onto my bag, lots of red lights. Turned it on and it was white but then red, what's that about........bizarre

It might be me but I though what is the idea supposed to be. Front and rear light in one light. Would you not need to buy two anyway. And if one of you lights broke you can only use it at one end at a time anyway??????

Do you agree, pointless?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/...oduct/review-lezyne-zecto-drive-pro-13-47651/

Have you seen any cycling items you have thought were completely pointless?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I quite like that idea, but there are far cheaper ways! I used to think turbo trainers were pointless, but last year discovered they are a great recovery tool...

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It was a Lezyne Zecto Drive pro light. Do you agree, pointless?
The only point of that I can see is as something to reduce spare light space requirements in the saddlebag. That doesn't really square with it having built-in rechargeable batteries though.

buggi

Bird Saviour
What i don't get is the amount of flashing modes they put on lights. i have a rear cateye, the one with the double layer of LEDS. there are 5 modes. Flashing, static, random flashing, some different flashing and another different flashing. WTF? why do i need all these flashing modes?? and each layer is controlled by a separate button and the light is so bright you can't tell which row is flashing because the light "bleeds" into the other row, so if you mess up the sequence in your head, it's a nightmare to turn the damn thing off!. Keeps the train passengers amused watching me try to turn the damn thing off.
At most you only need flashing, random flashing and static surely?

young Ed

Veteran
What i don't get is the amount of flashing modes they put on lights. i have a rear cateye, the one with the double layer of LEDS. there are 5 modes. Flashing, static, random flashing, some different flashing and another different flashing. WTF? why do i need all these flashing modes?? and each layer is controlled by a separate button and the light is so bright you can't tell which row is flashing because the light "bleeds" into the other row, so if you mess up the sequence in your head, it's a nightmare to turn the damn thing off!. Keeps the train passengers amused watching me try to turn the damn thing off.
I just Need a static and random or at least more eye catching setting and hardly ever use static because none of my lights let me see they just let drivers see me
If I want to see the road I have a pretty good head torch
Cheers Ed

Not just accessories, also parts! Hite-rite, Kool- Tool, combination frame bag/shoulder strap, Tuffy Tape, Green tyres, Biopace, magura hydraulic rim brakes, Brooks saddles, 'centre ridge' tyres, suspension seatposts, Airzound, womens specific design, flourescent yellow anything, helmets.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Carbon Chain rings, Carbon Jockey wheel hangers, Ceramic bearings in Jockey wheels, Delierium Jockey wheels, Carbon Cassettes, Carbon Bolts..... Come to think of it 90% of my bike :wahhey:
Delicate carbon fibre seat posts costing £500! :whistle:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I wear a helmet....sometimes

I wear a viz vest.......sometimes

I use a Brooks saddle.....always

Airzounds are a waste of time in my opinion. I bought one for my ICE trike thinking people wouldn't see me. But everyone sees you as the trike is the size of a small car.

Steve

It was a Lezyne Zecto Drive pro light.

I picked it up and thought a nice light, clip onto my bag, lots of red lights. Turned it on and it was white but then red, what's that about........bizarre

It might be me but I though what is the idea supposed to be. Front and rear light in one light. Would you not need to buy two anyway. And if one of you lights broke you can only use it at one end at a time anyway??????

Do you agree, pointless?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/...oduct/review-lezyne-zecto-drive-pro-13-47651/

Have you seen any cycling items you have thought were completely pointless?

Actually not a bad idea at all and a trick that I have used for many years. Rear lights are normally a fraction of the power output of the front light. So I use the batteries on the way in and swap over on the way home, extending battery life.
The same will happen here, swap the two lights over and voila!

we have the same one. A couple of setting is enough and we never use more than an entire row flashing only or 1 row static because as you say, it is so bright you don't need the 2nd row!
As for turning it off - simply - click and hold for around 30 secs I think it is and it auto offs... Alternatively from entire row flashing, it is always 4 clicks... I only ever use the top row, so know that I only need the top button - end of entertainment... ;)

Top Bottom