The Mountain of Hell 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Oh my word.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
If you enjoyed that Cathryn, have a search on YouTube for "Kilian Bron". Some fantastic videos that scare the life out of you. A very talented guy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYyLRVEIIGWxk4ZykPgaaGQ
Bearing in mind I took four attempts to go up a little bump last week, I’m not sure it’s wise!!

I was surprised at how out of breath he was during a downhill…clearly he’s super fit and strong, it just hasn’t occurred to me what a cardio workout downhill MTB is!

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Bearing in mind I took four attempts to go up a little bump last week, I’m not sure it’s wise!!

I was surprised at how out of breath he was during a downhill…clearly he’s super fit and strong, it just hasn’t occurred to me what a cardio workout downhill MTB is!
He isn't freewheeling Cathryn, he's going absolutely flat out even on all those frightening technical sections.

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
That's what I hadn't realised! I'm very new at MTB and every downhill is very cautious and gentle for me. I'm blown away.
And you're being very sensible. Just take it carefully and take it all in small steps. You'll gradually build skills and confidence. No point going crazy and ending up smashed up. Guys like Kilian are a special breed. Immensely skilled, very fit and just a bit crazy.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
And you're being very sensible. Just take it carefully and take it all in small steps. You'll gradually build skills and confidence. No point going crazy and ending up smashed up. Guys like Kilian are a special breed. Immensely skilled, very fit and just a bit crazy.
Makes me think of Kilian Jornet - maybe there's something in the name.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

You get arm and leg pump as well. You need a rest sometimes from a downhill.

OP
OP
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Über Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom