The new commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After my off the other day i finally managed to get around to giving the bike the once over, scratch on the TT which polished out and managed to true the front wheel up.Scratch on the saddle tip too but all in all it survived .
This used to be my best bike which i have modified for commuting.
Added seat post rack clamp as there are no top mounts
halfords essentials pannier rack
crud mk2 as the mk 3 dont fit
mavic wheels off the new bike as i had some nicer wheels already
Raised the stem up to the top of the spacers as i couldnt get the garmin on in the old position and i will not have room for an out front mount when in full lights ablazing dark mode.
super commuter.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
White is the new black

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Nice bike. Personally I would mount the rear light on the pannier rack rather than seat post because better visibility and I think it looks a bit cluttered. But only a minor detail.

White or white/blue bikes very fashionable at the moment, for good reason too.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Nice bike. Personally I would mount the rear light on the pannier rack rather than seat post because better visibility and I think it looks a bit cluttered. But only a minor detail.

White or white/blue bikes very fashionable at the moment, for good reason too.
Will also have a light on the rear of each pannier bag too.

Tynan

Veteran
that rack ...

Tynan

Veteran
good lord yes but after lots of bikes and lots of racks I've finally paid for a nice (and expensive) one that's skinny and handsome and i can't look at the bread and butter one anymore without shuddering, especially on a road bike

I absolutely agree that a rack and pannier is a no brainer

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

good lord yes but after lots of bikes and lots of racks I've finally paid for a nice (and expensive) one that's skinny and handsome and i can't look at the bread and butter one anymore without shuddering, especially on a road bike

I absolutely agree that a rack and pannier is a no brainer
Had a devil of a job getting a rack to fit, the shape of the seat stay where it meets the drop outs meant i needed one that sloped back and had to be gotten from halfords as i had vouchers with my new C2W bike .Tried a variety including topeak ones and the el cheapo basic one was the one that worked :smile:

nickr

Über Member
I really like the look of a bike with mudguards and a rack - When I see one I think "the owner is obviously serious and experienced". I really cannot understand anyone who commutes long term without these. Agree about the light, you have to move it to the rear of the rack.

I have a black Planet X London Road - it is a complete dust magnet

Top Bottom