The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
yeh, it looks that way. i know that many other sports and i therefore i assume, sports 'people', were also implicated in puerto but it appears as though it's going to focus on the cyclists only, which isn't what i'd call sporting, or in fact, cricket.

Crankarm

Guru

And the Sunday Times is suing LA for recovery of the monies they paid him when he brought a successful libel action against them. Is the NY Times part of the same newspaper group?

Alun

Guru
And the Sunday Times is suing LA for recovery of the monies they paid him when he brought a successful libel action against them. Is the NY Times part of the same newspaper group?
I don't think they are part of the same group, what made you think that they were?

Hotblack Desiato

The Times is part of the Murdoch empire.

Team Sky is sponsored by News Corpn, part of the Murdoch empire

Team Sky is also sponsored by BSkyB of which the Murdoch empire is a controlling shareholder.

The New York Times has no links with either Murdoch or Armstrong that I can see and so the report may be a genuine piece of news. Armstrong does seem to be between a rock and hard place but I'd suggest if anyone can get out of it, he can.

Noodley

I hope Betsy had a word with her husband about his dumb-ass comments about Mancebo the other day :banghead:

the nightmare continues
'Oprahtunity Knocks'...besides, 'LA Public' can advise his interviewer on how to stabilise yo-yo weight problems I'm sure. Expect a few tears, and the restoration of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...

Breaking news! "Oprah is not well, and her spot has been taken by special guest interviewer...please welcome the man who put the TV into Travis...":smile:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Oh dear, this isn't going to end well. I'm expecting the minimum of information, lots of arrogance and absolutely NO remorse. I'll watch it, just to see what he will admit to (not that I'm expecting much beyond the bare minimum). It will be a slick, PR machined, well oiled performance with just a hint of "woe is me". Hopefully Oprah is savvy enough to recognise the bull and really press him, but I doubt it, she's not that sort of interviewer (which is why I guess he chose her).

Zofo

Veteran
LA doesn't do anything unless it benefits him. Prepare for a masterclass in spin and damage limitation. Its always been supposed he had ambitions to go into politics after all.

Top Bottom