The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes well, Oprah and Lance, best buddies plus I wonder what they are paying him to appear. Will he confess to all? This is LA we are talking about. He needs adulation, money and competition, I somehow can't see him doing a Floyd. I have a choice of cycling hats to eat if I am wrong.
BBC TV news are covering the announcement and stated that according to a press announcement from Oprah W's side, it will be no fee, no questions barred and no editorial control to LA. As a cynic, I believe that this means we'll learn nothing.

Mind, after I first heard the news on the World Service in the middle of the night, I ended up waking up with a vague notion about ''Lance Armstrong, the Opera'' floating around in my head.

BJH

Über Member
I generally like to place a bet on the Grand National on something over 100-1 with an each way

Might ask them for odds on I am a douche bag lying toad who cheated lots of other cyclists out of their moment of glory while bullying whoever got in my way and earning millions which will never be able to be recovered from me and betraying the faith of many with Hope Rides Again

Like my national horse, this will no doubt be shot just after the first hurdle.

400bhp

Guru
I generally like to place a bet on the Grand National on something over 100-1 with an each way

Might ask them for odds on I am a douche bag lying toad who cheated lots of other cyclists out of their moment of glory while bullying whoever got in my way and earning millions which will never be able to be recovered from me and betraying the faith of many with Hope Rides Again

Like my national horse, this will no doubt be shot just after the first hurdle.

Here's hoping.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Patrick Lefevre on Levi Leipheimer getting the heave-ho from OPQS after being one of USADA's whistleblowers ( or cornered into telling the truth at last)

CN HD: Would you have signed him if you’d known he was involved in the case?
PL: No. I don’t believe in signing rider for one year

That sends a pretty clear message then:rolleyes:

400bhp

Guru
Has the Oprah thingy already been filmed?

Even if it hasn't then I guess we can be confident he is going to admit to doping, given the recent press stories. Someone ust have talked (or it was purposefully leaked).

If he had a shred of decency he would be talking to USADA first, Oprah a very distant second.

is there a sweepstake on how many times he will say "witchhunt"?

maybe he will confess, but i bet he blames someone else... he was forced into it... everyone else was doing it.. etc.
his ego will not allow him to be the bad guy, he always played the victim and he will on this charade of a tv show.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Even if it hasn't then I guess we can be confident he is going to admit to doping, given the recent press stories. Someone ust have talked (or it was purposefully leaked).

If he had a shred of decency he would be talking to USADA first, Oprah a very distant second.
I doubt it, but Oprah's people and Lance's people will have worked out the script.

William Fotheringham reckons that Armstrong won't confess, but I think he might. Put it this way - Oprah is not going to fly to Texas without good reason, and Armstrong will have had to provide that good reason. Remember that Oprah is way bigger box office than Armstrong.

BJH

Über Member
Caption Competition?

lance3epa_1208379c.jpg

Definitely no heart there just a four inch pump powered by a mini nuclear reactor but everyone else is doing it too

BJH

Über Member
[QUOTE 2027278, member: 259"]Should he formally be known as Lancelot?[/quote]

Should that not be Lancealotless once he pays back the insurance company andmurdoch ?

thom

____

No, it will go out live at 2am uk time next thursday i think.
he has no editorial control apparently
should be broadcast on the web globally for the benefit of all of mankind

400bhp

Guru
No, it will go out live at 2am uk time next thursday i think.
(1) he has no editorial control apparently
(2) should be broadcast on the web globally for the benefit of all of mankind

(1) I don't buy that, do you?

(2) ^_^ Oh and it is to be broadcast live on Oprah's web channel apparently (whatever that channel is)

Top Bottom