The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kins

Über Member
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50460308/ns/sports-cycling/

Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the interview is to be broadcast Thursday on Winfrey's network.

The tea boy at Oprah talking out of turn again, sheeeeesh, just can't get the staff.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Took hour and a half according to Oprah

https://twitter.com/Oprah/status/290958167955869696

Thanks, Thom. Once again, battle commences in the post-article comments :smile:

• HughGass
    F*ck you Lance.
    - The World
  • noavatar32.png
    The Moon
    Well said.
  • noavatar32.png
    gold6185
    Lance can keep on crying forever. The guy's a fraud & a complete piece of garbage.
  • noavatar32.png
    Lukef
    Are you inbred? Doping is incredibly common in cycling. The percent of people who do dope out weigh those who don't. You think you're better than a man who is one of the most noted philanthropists on earth? Piss off.
  • noavatar32.png
    cattail722
    Yes, doping is rampant. What is not rampant in cycling is ruining other people's lives so that you can continue to live a lie and continue to line your pocketbook, all because you have the money to do so. Unforgivable. If you haven't read the report from the USADA, then do so and open your eyes. Philanthropist, my behind.

Attachments

• noavatar32.png
    noavatar32.png
    444 bytes · Views: 31
  • noavatar32.png
    noavatar32.png
    444 bytes · Views: 24
  • noavatar32.png
    noavatar32.png
    444 bytes · Views: 28

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've still heard mention of a partial confession but I don't understand that. Confessing to using PEDs to win is everything in a nutshell. The bullying of Simeoni, Hamilton, Landis, Basson is well-documented already.
The only real 'revelation' he could make, beyond admitting doping, is to implicate Ferrari, the UCI and Bruyneel...

...or dirty Bertie:whistle: No love lost there!

Hotblack Desiato

An eerie hush descends, the world waits..

(Oh all right then, not much of hush and a very small part of the world.. ..and someone's spilled the beans anyway..)

It's still not clear what he's up to.

A full confession: Unlikey, given the Landi case waiting in the wings and the Federal investigation, currently shelved
A full confession with twists: I could see him doing that and pointing the finger at others, in exchange for.......
A partial handwringing: No actual details, just a, I cheated and I'm sorry

There's probably other permutations but I've given up being surprised now. Someone needs to put a stake through his heart, he keeps getting back up.

We know how devious he is

Is it possible that a tear jerking "victim of a broken home supporting his poor mother drove him" defence enough to find some sympathy?

Then lay out a few teasers about what he knows and increase the bargaining offers from the WADA / USADA

He could still be playing games

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
A partial and partial confession with mysterious blaming of unnamed 3rd parties in the manner of Homer Simpson "One of the big boys made me do it and then ran away" is on the cards I fear.

'The only way to beat those cheating Europeans was to beat them at their own game, did you want to see me (i.e America) loosing to some cheese eating, surrender monkey?'

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Hmmm seems he might be offering a deal to go after the UCI and various Team Directors (well according to Twitter rumour) Also pointed the boney finger in the direction of the NFL and why the player didn't come under such scrininy from the USADA.

Top Bottom