The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I suggest anyone who thinks Lance's redemption should be carried on centre stage whilst bullying yet more folk via the American legal system should read, and reflect on Nicola Cooke's retirement speech. "Cheats win on the way up and on the way down." but only if we let them.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Grayduff

Über Member
2174 post`s wasted on a Drug taking cheating lying twat 2175 with this one..A hero of the track, road ,Olympic champion, Nighthood,Sports Personality of the year and one more thing Tour de France Winner 2012 without Cheating.. and we as a forum have posted 75% less post`s on him... JUST SAYING^_^ Bradley Wiggins that is Just in case we had all forgotten..^_^

Reactions: GBC

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
He's beyond redemption but if he's going down, I for one would be very happy to see him take the UCI down with him. I don't think he could in any way be said to be "doing the right thing", it's far too late for that, but as big a villain as Lance is, his downfall will mean nothing if the corruption at the highest level of the sport isn't rooted out.

Zofo

Veteran
The best form of defence is attack. Watch the master tactician in action. LA will now play the role of crusader against ''corruption'' in the sport, probably with a view to some future role for himself. Poacher turned gamekeeper ?

Grayduff

Über Member
2174 post`s wasted on a Drug taking cheating lying twat 2175 with this one..A hero of the track, road ,Olympic champion, Nighthood,Sports Personality of the year and one more thing Tour de France Winner 2012 without Cheating.. and we as a forum have posted 75% less post`s on him... JUST SAYING^_^ Bradley Wiggins that is Just in case we had all forgotten..^_^ 2183

thom

____
He's beyond redemption but if he's going down, I for one would be very happy to see him take the UCI down with him. I don't think he could in any way be said to be "doing the right thing", it's far too late for that, but as big a villain as Lance is, his downfall will mean nothing if the corruption at the highest level of the sport isn't rooted out.
I'm prepared to believe Oprah has done a good job but only a fool would allow him "redemption" based upon one interview. I think David Millar represents something of a benchmark for redemption as far as cycling is concerned, being that he is the first to see his achievements now as that of an ex-doper. Lance could only start on the road to redemption if this interview is the first step to full disclosure to USADA/WADA of what went on. He needs to face his harshest critics in public too.
I trust USADA to act properly on information they get from him. Lance had the chance to confess to USADA before in order to get the dodgy doctors and the corrupt officials out of cycling. We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that his information can still be used to weed out that dishonesty. His reputation will stay below zero to any sane cycling and he will have to accept that.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Well I don't know about you lot but I'm still not certain he doped.

Top Bottom