The new winter hack has arrived !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeQue

The things on the ends of the bars; what are they and what are they for?

Last edited by a moderator:

sannesley

I just bought one of these about 3 weeks ago and it is a cracking bike for the money. One question I have is: I want to fit a Topeak Wedge Bike Bag under the seat for a spare tube and levers so I don't get caught out on a longer run with a puncture. Problem is that you have to remove the reflector otherwise the bag won't fit. I'm keen to keep the reflector for safety but want to use the bag as well. Any suggestions as to what I could do??

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Put the reflector lower down on the seat post ? TBH i always take the reflectors off as the light combination i run was once described as enough to land an aeroplane .

sannesley

To be honest speaking to a mate at work who is big into bikes I might have to adjust the seat post up a bit. Maybe I bought too big a frame and this is why the seat post is so short? It's a bit of a learning curve for me and some tinkering will be inevitable. The bag does have a small loop for a rear light to be fitted so I'll get one of those and see how I get on. BTW what is a chain stay reflector? Any pictures or website link welcome?

Garry A

Calibrating.....
My wife has a subway with a Topeak bag under the seat, I fitted a reflector onto the loop on the back of the bag using a loop of plastic and a screw. Sounds like brutal DIY but looks ok.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Here you go @sannesley. The screw is an old one :blush: and the plastic loop is from the bottom of a puncture repair kit box. It's what i had lying about. Reflector is from another bike but the existing one could be used I'm sure.

Attachments

• P1060167.jpg
    P1060167.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 30
  • P1060168.jpg
    P1060168.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 33
  • P1060169.jpg
    P1060169.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 30
  • P1060170.jpg
    P1060170.jpg