The nice happy uncontroversial thread

I just though there was a fair amount of controversy going on in commute today (mostly interesting and some started by me!:biggrin:)

So I thought I would just start a happy thread.

I had a very pleasant cycle in to work today. No problems, cars gave me room and it was dry. Probably not worth posting on youtube though!!xx(
 

Cab

New Member
Location
Cambridge
Easy enough ride in. If memory serves I saw maybe 18 other cyclists. Every single cyclist who I saw at any red light jumped it though; at least 6. Didn't confront any of them, but I did consider what kind of stinger could be deployed from the pannier rack.
 

domd1979

New Member
Location
Staffordshire
My commute's been fairly relaxed this past couple of weeks, no particular loons encountered that I can think of.

I predict it'll all change back to normal when term starts at the beginning of September!!
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
Cab said:
Easy enough ride in. If memory serves I saw maybe 18 other cyclists. Every single cyclist who I saw at any red light jumped it though; at least 6. Didn't confront any of them, but I did consider what kind of stinger could be deployed from the pannier rack.
My controversy detector is hitting a 7/10 in this post!!:biggrin:
 

palinurus

Legendary Member
Location
Watford
My day has been OK. I stayed in bed until two in the afternoon with one of those just perfect hangovers (not enough to hurt, just so long as one remains lying down) reading, somewhat tardily, Alex Garland's "The Beach". I'm taking some holiday, and decided to just hang out at home for a few days.
 

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I've just had a lovely bowl of Mulligatawny soup with 2 slices of bread, cleared the palate with a 2007 vintage can of draught Guinness and am now on my second chocolate eclair.
Got a nice piece of fillet steak for my tea (about 7pm) with jacket spud, button mushrooms and a nice dressed side salad, tiramissou (sp.) to follow with a nice glass (or two) of an Australian Chardonnay to wash it all down.
Life's a bitch aint it ????
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
palinurus said:
My day has been OK. I stayed in bed until two in the afternoon with one of those just perfect hangovers (not enough to hurt, just so long as one remains lying down) reading, somewhat tardily, Alex Garland's "The Beach". I'm taking some holiday, and decided to just hang out at home for a few days.
I might need to reject this post as I have two young kids and never get to sleep beyond 7:30am. Therefore, you have made me sad :biggrin:
 

Tetedelacourse

New Member
Location
Rosyth
magnatom said:
I might need to reject this post as I have two young kids and never get to sleep beyond 7:30am. Therefore, you have made me sad :biggrin:
7.30am! Half the day's gone! I'll cheer you up - I am awoken with a screeched "Stop in the name of PLOD" most mornings between 5.30 and 6.
 
OP
M

magnatom

Guest
Tetedelacourse said:
7.30am! Half the day's gone! I'll cheer you up - I am awoken with a screeched "Stop in the name of PLOD" most mornings between 5.30 and 6.
Ah, but you get the occasional lie in though? Not here :biggrin:
 
I was back on the bike today. I've been off it for a while for various reasons connected with fettling a new house and moving. I had a lovely commute and I'm looking forward to the ride home. :biggrin:
 
No more than 2 mins into my journey a bus overtook me just as I was signalling to leave the bus lane to negotiate a parked delivery lorry, before pulling into the bus stop just behind the delivery lorry. As I went past, cursing impatient drivers in my head, he put his hand up out of the window to say sorry. So he was forgiven, as it was obviously a mistake, not just idiocy.

That seemed to set the tone for the rest of the commute. It was very smooth, many green lights and drivers being patient and giving room. There were plenty of awake and aware drivers out today too, I had a ball!
 
Top Bottom