The nice happy uncontroversial thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
After nearly two days of constant rain, came in today with the sun shining but not sure if it will continue through to tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Whilst teaching at the Albert Memorial yesterday, lady on a horse said to me "The day's all the better for seeing your legs". Long chuffed, but glad she couldn't see how spikey they are.

Good stuff!

All I had today was a beep from a driver who thought that despite the road markings, he still had right of way over me.

Oh yeah, and it was cold.

And damp.

And I'm really dehydrated for no good reason.

But on the plus side, I did the commute in record time and realised what my sighting problem is when cornering - sorted it out and took a couple of corners so well that I grinned and wanted to pat myself on the back ;)

Shaun

Founder
Short commute today; stayed up late playing computer games!

Took a slow, steady, pootle into work and half way there, stopped at some lights. A fit, trim young lady came floating up the inside of me and jumped in front.

The lights went green and I sped off, fully intent on overtaking this cheecky young woman who's pushed-in ... that was, however, until I smelled her perfume. It was loverly!!!!

Anchored on, slowed right down, and hung off her back wheel for the next 1000 yards until she turned off down a side steet.

The happy part? The memory of the perfume stayed with me all the way to work, blocking out all those ugly smells I usually notice! ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

magnatom said:
I just though there was a fair amount of controversy going on in commute today (mostly interesting and some started by me!:sad:)

So I thought I would just start a happy thread.

I had a very pleasant cycle in to work today. No problems, cars gave me room and it was dry. Probably not worth posting on youtube though!!:biggrin:

Make the most of it; it won't happen too often! ;)
No, seriously though, there are a lot more good rides, than bad ones.
Glad yours was memorable - long may they last. :biggrin:

Monkey Boy

Monkey boy jr. and Monkey girl were up at 5:40am:ohmy:
Then I remembered....I'm on hols:becool:. Bairns were eased out of the house to nursery by The Boss in good time and all that was left was for me to get some porrige and toast down me gullet in preparation for a 60 miler on my new Cayo.

First 30 were well and truly into the wind (~12mph) so I knew I was working it, stopped off after first 20 at a bikeshop and got myself a new helemet (and got sale discount even thought the sale does not start 'till Saturday...yay!). Will pop back in on Saturday to pick up the old helmet and get some winter gear. 35-45miles in and I was with the wind and spinning on the 50x12 for most of it.

Splendid. I should take time off more often:thumbsup:

Top Bottom