The nice men at Koga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am a Koga fan. I have 3. Koga are releasing a couple of adventure bike models this year and I am interested in one but with different gearing. The people at Koga are being very helpful and are probably going to make the bike just as I want it.

I want this bike with 105 gears.

I was buying it for the TCR but didnt get in the ballot. I still want the bike though.

https://www.koga.com/en/bikes/race/collection/colmaro-allroad-rival1?frame=H

mustang1

Guru
My bike only has 10 gears.

mustang1

Guru
Sorry couldn't resist. I've seen a few Kogas around. Idk what I like about them, but like them I do. Good luck with your purchase, specing up is half the fun!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Geometry looks quite racy in the pic.

You might want to ride on gravel, but do you want to look at it all the time?

No doubt a test ride will tell you if the bike suits.

Another thing to think about is the bike has a press fit bottom bracket.

They have a bad reputation, particularly on Cannondales, although the manager of my local bike shop reckons press fit bottom brackets aren't up to much whatever bike they are fitted to.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I can't believe the price 13,000 Shekels & 999 Dinaris !!!

Do they allow haggling ?

dim

I have never had any trouble with any of my Koga bikes. They are top quality bikes and I have confidence in them.

one of the best bikes that I owned was a Koga Miyata Roadchamp. Weighed less than 8kg, but sadly, it was just too big for me. I sold it for a hefty profit though. I still check ebay often for another Miyata and would not mind the Full Pro (they pop up often on ebay Germany)

Here's a youtube video showing a roadchamp:

Jimidh

Veteran
Good looking bike.

I had my first experience of a Koga with a hire bike in Mallorca in the summer and I was very impressed.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had a Koga Miyata hybrid for a while - I sold it on eventually because I just wasn't using it - but it was a seriously impressive machine. All-steel yet very light, and it felt very tight and keen.

dim

Here's info on the Pro Racer ....
http://www.steel-vintage.com/koga-miyata-pro-racer-classic-bicycle-1978-detail

koga-miyata-pro-racer-1970s-1.jpg

koga-miyata-pro-racer-1970s-3.jpg

koga-miyata-pro-racer-1970s-12.jpg

these were the top of the range, used by Pro's and had the Shimano Dura Ace setup. You can find these on ebay Germany for £500-£600 if you are patient. I'm looking at getting a good vintage bike and it's a tossup between the Koga Miyata Pro Racer a Peugeot PY10 or a vintage Colnago

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Here's info on the Pro Racer ....
http://www.steel-vintage.com/koga-miyata-pro-racer-classic-bicycle-1978-detail

View attachment 332075
View attachment 332076

View attachment 332077
these were the top of the range, used by Pro's and had the Shimano Dura Ace setup. You can find these on ebay Germany for £500-£600 if you are patient. I'm looking at getting a good vintage bike and it's a tossup between the Koga Miyata Pro Racer a Peugeot PY10 or a vintage Colnago
That is a beautiful bicycle. Miyata frames have a big following in the US.

Top Bottom