The Nights are drawing in now!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks Jonny.. :sad:
:smile:

perplexed

Guru
I like the winter commute. I get to puff out my chest and feel virtuous when people say "Have you ridden in today in the snow??"

I think the ladies like it... :sad:

potsy

Rambler
Yeah whatever JJ,I'm just about to get ready to commute in,23C here not a cloud in the sky,somehow I can't get worried about winter just yet:biggrin:::tongue:

heliphil

Guru
and there talking about extending British summer time to the winter.... Lighter evenings ( darker mornings though)

The clocks will be changing again at the end of the month and how I hate this twice a year farce, which serves no useful purpose in this day and age and is best summed up by a small article in this months "Focus". Let us hope that this government, if it ever gets round to doing anything but panic people by constant threats and leaking of information, stops the clock change over at at either GMT or BST (I preffer BST but am not bothered)
Sorry I will not be able to reply to this post for at least 10 days as I leave for foreign parts today (North Yorkshire / Lancashire border)

Fran143

Über Member
Got up this morning to frost everywhere:ohmy: ....think I'll let it warm up a bit before I attempt to get the bike out!:tongue:

I hate the time change.... an unavoidable part of my commute (in fact most of it!) is West - East, an for a few weeks the sun is uncomfortably low. Just as the situation resolves itself - they change the time and we have the same problem for another few weeks!

potsy

Rambler
Eh? I've been using lights all year round.

Me too Hackers,apart from a week in June when it was light at 4.45am just about.
Bring on winter
thumbsup.png

Peter10

Any recommendations on some mudguards and tyres for the winter commute on a 700c road bike? My bike doesn't have the bolt holes for conventional mudguards and I'm not sure what tyres to go for.

Top Bottom