The Official Rugby League World Cup Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll admit that I'm not a massive follower of the game (though if it's on I'll happily watch it), but I'm a bit surprised that an international tournament being held in Britain hasn't received as much coverage.

The first match could potentially end up being the final with Australia playing England. Wales against Italy follows which is another tough game to call.

I'm most excited about watching Scotland take on Tonga on Tuesday. I'm fairly sure we will get cuffed, but perhaps our Man of Steel can inspire us to greatness in what is our only potentially winnable game.

Anyone else watching/going/care?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Sonny Bill Williams is an absolute monster. You know he's New Zealand's Champion Heavyweight boxer as well?

He and McCaw are my favourite players since Lomu tore the world a new one.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've become slighly interested in Rugby League after watching the whatever they call it final between Wigan and Warrington the other week! Yes it's nice to have an international tournament over here,i'll be watching the games if i have the time.:popcorn:

Doseone

Guru
RL is a good sport, but the winner is going to come from one of 3 teams and will probably be Australia. It's not good for any competition no matter what the sport when it's that predictable.

RL is a top sport never happier than when my son switched codes from RU:becool:

I used to be involved with the Northern (Bulls to all you JCL's) I think the most memorable thing I ever saw was Jimmy Lowes running the length of the pitch at full tilt ball in hand...............towards our own try line just to throw a punch at Barrie Mac.:laugh:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
RL is a good sport, but the winner is going to come from one of 3 teams and will probably be Australia. It's not good for any competition no matter what the sport when it's that predictable.

IMO, there are very few sports played at the top level which involve more than... 5 teams?

Noodley

it looks like the bbc after today will only be showing the England games...

Phew, glad I was sitting down when I read that. BBC focus on England shocker.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Has anyone else attempted to buy tickets for any games? The final is the day before my birthday and I'd quite like to go with my old man and wife, who fancies it despite knowing bugger all about any sort of rugby. I rather suspect that muscular blokes in small shorts may have influenced her decision to attend...

Anyway, the website claims that 3 seats together is impossible and the "24hr hotline" doesn't have a hold/queue facility. Useless.

Top Bottom