The old conundrum ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hello all,
You've all probably answered this question a thousand times but I'm here to grace you all with it once more.
I have a Giant NRS 2 and it's been performing great for ages.
Last week I noticed a slight tick when I applied load to the right pedal through 1 revolution. It was worse when pedalling uphill.
Today, whilst riding, the ticking has got tremendously worse. Whilst standing, on both sides as I pedal, the high pitching ticking is almost constant.
It has progressed a lot and I am worried that leaving it will cause further damage and cost me more to fix it.
I've already tightened everything and I am almost 100% sure it's coming from the bb. Crank or pedal area.
The sound is not present whilst freecoasting but is present when pedalling backwards.
Any advice ??
Thanks.

Tim Hall

I'd put the bottom bracket at the top of the list for suspects - the ticking when loaded on the right pedal points to this. What type of bottom bracket is it? Pictures will help if you're unsure.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

I'd put the bottom bracket at the top of the list for suspects - the ticking when loaded on the right pedal points to this. What type of bottom bracket is it? Pictures will help if you're unsure.
I believe it to be a shimano deore bb

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
One thing that might be worth trying is a different pair of pedals, if you can get your hands on some. Very quick & easy to change; an easy way to rule them in/out.

Top Bottom