The Olympic Games - is anyone bothered?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nerazzurri

Dayvo said:
But is anyone really interested in it?

Nope.

And with maybe two positive comments here, so far, do you think the government pays any attention to what the population want?? I don't.

I'm hoping the iplayer coverage is good, so that I can catch Badminton, table tennis, (poss the tennis as well) cycling, and probably some of the athletics.

mrs ao is seeing the positive side about not going on hol with friends this year in that she can watch the highlights to her hearts content, after a bit of a drink watching the sun go down over the Atlantic...

Assuming it's not cloudy all week.xx(

Mr Pig

Tim Bennet. said:
I shall not be cheering the Chinese winners that will appear from nowhere to dominate every sport this summer.

Bet they don't. Chinese people can't jump very high, can't run, can't throw heavy things very far and can't swim. Unless you're black, American or on drugs the only thing round your neck in Beijing will be a camera!

And an inhaler.

surfgurl

I have to say I'm quite looking forward to it all, politics aside. I'll watch the cycling, including the bmx, we've got a local lad out there and I'll watch the diving too as well as some of the other stuff.
I'll even watch the opening ceremony tomorrow to see what goes on.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm quite excited about it actually. Not that fussed about athletics etc generally but I like the heritage of the games. I'll watch the cycling, the gymnastics (those girls are amazing) and will probably get into something random. I saw a bit on TV about that 14 year old diver so I'll try to watch him!!

I do hugely regret that the games were given to China though. I know few countries (if any) are faultless in their human rights etc, but China don't deserve the games, in my personal view.

I'm VERY excited about 2012 though!!

Although I expect I'll be shouted down! xx(

Maz

Guru
I want to see cricket at the Olympics.
I read today that in the 1908 games, Tug-o-war was one of the sports. They should've kept that one in.

longers

Legendary Member
Tug of War would be good. Seriously.

I was reading in a paper this week that poetry was part of the early contests and should be reinstated for 2012.

longers

Legendary Member
I know a bloke who got a gold medal for Clay Pigeon Shooting xx(.

I think he got 198 out of 200.

Maz

Guru
longers said:
I know a bloke who got a gold medal for Clay Pigeon Shooting xx(.

I think he got 198 out of 200.
No wonder clay pigeons are on the endangered species list...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
surfgurl said:
I'll even watch the opening ceremony tomorrow to see what goes on.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Opening ceromonies are pure, pure, pointless crap and should be banned. They are nothing to do with sport and it can safely be said that the lavishness of opening ceromonies are in direct proportion to the event being more about politics and commerce than sport.

I bet the people who watch these things are the same ones who sit glued to their TVs when Big Brother is on and buy Hello! Nothing personal, you understand.

Mr Pig said:
Bet they don't. Chinese people can't jump very high, can't run, can't throw heavy things very far and can't swim. Unless you're black, American or on drugs the only thing round your neck in Beijing will be a camera!

And an inhaler.
Thanks for that, you racist twat generalising fool.
Strewth...xx(

Abitrary

Someone at work asked me today if I was going to watch the olympic opening ceremony. The cadence of those 3 words instantly hypnotised me into rabbit land - and I replied:

"mmmm, nope. I thought for a second it was in London, but I am possibly 4 years early".

I jumped like Evil Kneivel on a space hopper over high jumps, high wires, banjo jumps and git swamps - in my imagination of course, and ultimately came to the conclusion of truth:

If I want to watch a load of christians mucking around I'll sit at the back of my local church and just laugh.

Top Bottom