The Olympic Games - is anyone bothered?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I agree. I think we should go simple, minimalist and beautiful. Maybe a bit Corinthian? I do like the idea of a Spitfire fly past though.

I wonder if I could apply to be Boadicia?

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Cathryn said:
I wonder if I could apply to be Boadicia?

You could be Catherine the Great! But you'd have to swop flags to wave! :sad:

Mr Pig

This thread is more interesting than the actual games.

For the London opening ceremony... Oh who are we kidding? It doesn't matter what we 'think' would be good, they'll do something totally naff as always. It'll be like Eurovision on acid.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Cathryn said:
That's the nicest thing anyone's said all day!

You could be a Viking invador with your experience in all things Scandinavian.

We've had a few high profile Queen Catherines down the years for you to choose from too.

shooter560

London 2012 opening ceremony will be great, come on lets face it any organisation that picks a logo that looks like Lisa Simpson giving head has to be great ;p :sad:

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Cathryn said:
You could be a Viking invador with your experience in all things Scandinavian.

I could manage a bit of pillaging, but rape and murder are a bit foreign to me! Mind you, if I stay in Scandinavia too long, a bit of murder might be necessary to preserve my sanity! :sad:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Cathryn said:
They didn't do so well though, did they! At least Catherine the Great had some fun :sad:

Very well, you could be Cathryn the Great Tourer. Glitz up the cycle helmet and panniers a bit and hey presto.

Liddington

Über Member
It's hard to see past the politics and just enjoy the sport especially when the chinese have turned the games into such an overt propaganda spectacle but I do like seeing people succeed at the top of their chosen discipline. Yes, the cycling will be good and I will make sure of watching the triathlon as well. Just a pity that it has to be in China.

Mr Pig

Liddington said:
It's hard to see past the politics and just enjoy the sport...

especially when you lack anything resembling motivation.

See that guy there? He can run fractionally faster than that other guy. Well bugger me, that's amazing! Who'd have thought that one guy could run slightly faster than another guy.

Abitrary

Mr Pig said:
especially when you lack anything resembling motivation.

See that guy there? He can run fractionally faster than that other guy. Well bugger me, that's amazing! Who'd have thought that one guy could run slightly faster than another guy.

very true, your pigliness.

The 100m mens final highlights is the only thing that I watch in the whole boring affair though.

Abitrary

Nice. Just accidentally watched a minute of horse jumping on the olympics and I felt like vomitting up a whole litre of I don't give a ****.

Top Bottom