The Olympic Road Race 2012 - Post Mortem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
I thought we lost because they guy in the blue jumper peddled faster than the guys in the strange blue-white shirts?

We were abandoned by the other nations who showed a distinct lack of Olympic spirit in helping us to win what was rightfully ours.

Cavandish was knackered from the Tour. Or more probably was still in the habit of looking behind him for the team car to fetch some water.

Wiggins was more preoccupied with the upcoming time trial and the possiblity of lucrative shampoo endorsements.

Froome sat up in his deck chair after 3 Km, possibly distracted by the references to his dog being scribbled all over the road, and no doubt disappointed that there was a distinct lack of "proper hills" to show his team-mates up on.

Millar isn't Sky and therefore isnt TeamGB either, so as he was aiming to lead out neither a team-member of compatriot, probably just enjoyed a nice summer ride instead.

And the other guy, I forget his name, probably has a valid reason for underperforming aswell.

Also, whats a 1st Cat?

What an op. Was he hoping for a serious response?

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
I'm going to dip out of this one now until or unless Rob2FatLadies comes back on to give us some more ammunition.

Aww, I thought this thread was proving to be revolutionarily insightful.

So far we've established that chess isn't popular (at a laymans guess because the tendency to chase the break-away pawns leaves the king exposed); couch potatoes will generally win in spelling competitions, first lions don't do well when led-out by kicking donkeys; cat racing seems to be niche and generally opposed as they are poor road racers, ignoring concerns over the legalities of such events (although there plausibly may be a potential place for them in future track events); and dogs are an unknown entity given that their form in half marathons is highly questionable.

You won't get that level of technical analysis anywhere else!

Yeh, Ok, now I'm bored with it...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Who did win the race anyway? I guess it was one of those bleedin' foreign Johnnies. A bloody disgrace. Didn't the other bicyclists know that it's the London 2012 Olympics. In Great Britain. It's just not cricket.

I haven't got a Cat, but the last Cat I had (called Smokey), he didn't do any racing. He was far too fat.

Top Bottom