The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

:blush: rowing? arguing? :giggle:
:banghead:

I think I've been out in the sun without my hat on for a bit too long today. :bicycle:

Now, if you want an argument, I can give it a try but I know I don't have as much practice as others on here. :thumbsup:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You want an argument? No good asking me then. I don't do arguing, just the sort of silence and raising the eyebrows in quizzical stylee, whereby you will know you are living dangerously. I do not think there is a smiley (?) for that. ^_^

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Did I imagine the naked people by the road race on its way through Oxshott?
Mrs W thinks she imagined the same thing. And she is as pure as the driven snow. So it must have been imagination.

snorri

Legendary Member
:blush: rowing? arguing? :giggle:
or just lapping?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
In the swimming, it often seems like the swimmers form an arrow shape, with the leaders tending to be in the middle lanes. Is this just coincidence, or is there some advantage to the middle lanes? I can't imagine there is, because then the lane placings would be unfair.

When geese fly in that sort of formation, it's partly because the trailing birds get an aerodynamic advantage from the leading ones. Of course, they take turns to even the effort out. Does the same apply in the water, or are the dynamics different? Do the lane dividers do anything to dissipate any differences in pressure?

Oh, and we've been watching the rowing again, and saw the backwards forks again, possibly on more than one bike - there are some similar white bikes, and they are the ones that look wrong.

Top Bottom