The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The keep mentioning that the race wheelchairs cost £3k, which compared to pro bikes seems like a bit of a bargain!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
It didn't sound like a jet, It sounded like an express train roaring past at 100+ MPH, only it lasted for over 10 minutes. It must have been deafening in the stadium!

Was there on the back row. Don't know what it sounded like, as all I could hear was my own voice screaming at him! He went from 2 laps out, which gave us 2 laps of screaming our heads off pushing him round in seemingly vain attempt to keep him at the front for 800m. We were all on our feet during these last 2 laps. Before then the cheers were looping round the stadium just ahead of the pack.

They kept his medal ceremony until the very end. It was getting late, but none of the Team GB fans were going to leave until we saw him get his Gold. It was hard to be polite to all the other medal ceremonies when we were chanting "We Want Mo", and waiting for them to announce the 5,000m medal ceremony.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Here a trivial thing I noted the other day, The one legged high jumpers push off with their real leg, where as the one legged long jumpers push off their bionic leg, why would that be? Surely you should have to jump with your real leg.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2023212, member: 259"]Quick release on a bike? We'll never see it in our lifetimes.[/quote]
Try changing your wheels as quick. The quick release is a push to release.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Try changing your wheels as quick. The quick release is a push to release.

I reviewed a trailer that had those, fabulous thing.

(My current trailer has wheels secured with a pin, still pretty quick to whip out... NT's trailer has pushbutton wheels... from a wheelchair...)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I reviewed a trailer that had those, fabulous thing.

(My current trailer has wheels secured with a pin, still pretty quick to whip out... NT's trailer has pushbutton wheels... from a wheelchair...)
And they are three spoke sporty things.:thumbsup:
DSC_0430.jpg

Top Bottom