The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Being part of a corps de ballet or an opera chorus is physically challenging and demands a lot of skill, but I don't see the massed Mozart or the team Tchaikovsky being part of the Olympics any time soon.

Problem is, they are not floating in a swimming pool making it look like they are effortlessly dancing on the bottom when in actual fact the bottom is over 2 meters below their feet.....

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The clue's in the video title - it's a paralympic event - sighted pilot and blind stoker. It's on something like September 3rd. There's also tandem road racing.
Yes, I appreciate that this clip was from the Paralympics... but wouldn't it be great to have tandem racing at both and tri-dems and quad-dem racing

Night Train

Maker of Things
Yes, I appreciate that this clip was from the Paralympics... but wouldn't it be great to have tandem racing at both and tri-dems and quad-dem racing
And recumbent bike and trike racing and faired HPVs.

Arch and I were also joking about cargo trike and rickshaw racing on the basis enough people in the world use them!^_^

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
This is not really a fact, but I think I probably had the very best aural experience of Mo Farrah winning the 5000 meters possible.

I was watching the Javelin on the Internet whilst the race was going on in the background and the race itself was on the telly. There was no commentary in the Javelin, JUST THIS WALL OF SOUND!! I was listening on my headphones, so I simply turned the volume up and listened to this solid ROAR lasting several minutes!

People who were there on the telly said that it sounded like a jet. I don't quite know about that, but it was certainly close to it, it was actually quite impressive!!

I hardly need to watch the race now, I feel like I was there by proxy!

Good on you Mo!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It didn't sound like a jet, It sounded like an express train roaring past at 100+ MPH, only it lasted for over 10 minutes. It must have been deafening in the stadium!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
And once again, they had cameras on the commentators and pundits as they went bonkers in the last few moments of the race...^_^

Well done Mo.

BTW, did anyone else spot a chap who'd written GO and MO on the soles of his bare feet, and was sitting with feet up on the rail in the front row. I guess no one told him how insulting it is to point your feet at someone in Islam... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom