The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not only is Peter Deary - the Derny operator - from Heywood, Lancs. But so is Keri-anne Payne - long-distance swimmer, and Joel Miller - volleyball player!

Three! All from one, otherwise dismal, northern town.

Can anyone better that?

The last time I checked, Edinburgh (4G, 1S) was 16th on the medal table. Doing better than N. Korea (4G, 1B)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Google's home page canoe race!:thumbsup:

eta: I forget what I went there to search for now!:scratch:
Can't find out how to get into it from my Google homepage.... there seem to be loads that I've missed too!

Stephenite

Membå
The last time I checked, Edinburgh (4G, 1S) was 16th on the medal table. Doing better than N. Korea (4G, 1B)

Yes, but... Edinburgh isn't an 'otherwise, dismal northern town' :tongue:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
In the 200 meters final what a certain Mr Bolt won, the French guy who came sixth is apparently the only white person ever recorded to run 100 meters in under 10 seconds, which is quite scary when you think about it!

Olympic Trivial Thing - well all of it!
Never before has so much been spent and so much effort been put into such trivial things.
Does it really matter who runs a bit faster than someone else?

I probably dont get it. I was useless at spot at school which i suspect because I could not be overly botherered to do whatever it was better than anyone else in the class.

200m race seemed to be a starting field of about 100 which probably is 300 people if you add trainers etc, three years working at it (somehow), hours and hours talking about it, not to mention millions building a new track. Then thousands watching in the stadium and millions on tv.
20 seconds and it is all over. The bloke we all knew was fastest was fastest. He gets a big gong.
More hours talking about it.

I rather like the idea of blokes having an unpaid day off their normal work to compete like they used to.

Top Bottom