The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
At a tangent, could I get get some of the royle family to fill in my lottery ticket?

They seem to be incredibly lucky in getting tickets on multiple days to some of the most desirable, over-subscribed seats in the world...

lejogger

Guru
At a tangent, could I get get some of the royle family to fill in my lottery ticket?

They seem to be incredibly lucky in getting tickets on multiple days to some of the most desirable, over-subscribed seats in the world...
Do you think any of them actually have any money at all, or do they literally just get given anything they want?!

I presume the princes earn a salary from their jobs? Do they? Do they get taxed on it?

On a further tangent, do you think Harry gets fed up of always being the third wheel?!

RaRa

I think i read they get into events because they are Olympics ambassadors - they've certainly been wearing the Team GB shirts constantly for the last 10 days.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

royle.jpg

Pendleton my arse!

perplexed

Guru
Ooops, typo!^_^

William and Harry there, several times. Also Sarah Fergusson and offspring. Not sure that they will have entered the melee for tickets either. Just sayin'...:smile:

lejogger

Guru
Here's a trivial Olympic thing...

... what's the deal with the news/sports reporter now having to do their 'piece to camera' for a highlights show or later news report whilst a key part of the event is going on, rather than after it's finished like normal. For example the report of Shazne Reid tonight showed her rounding the first corner of the track and then panned straight to the guy who stated that she had just 'rounded the first corner' before then dubbing the rest about the finishing time later... or Pinsent reporting from a gantry on the triathlon yesterday, reporting on the race as though it's already happened, but with Brownlee crossing the line in the background...

Is it to show how superb their live reporting is as they only have the one shot to get it right? I don't think I like it.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
There are no sausages being sold today in Flint.

Jade Jones competed in the Tae Kwondo and won the round to go through to the semi-finals.

How are the two connected? Jade's Mum and the rest of the family and her Grandfather are in London watching the tournament. Jade's mum works in the Butchers in Flint.

Maz

Guru
Now Andy Murray's gold-painted postbox has had to be repainted cos the previous gold paint had been picked off!!!

Stephenite

Membå
Not only is Peter Deary - the Derny operator - from Heywood, Lancs. But so is Keri-anne Payne - long-distance swimmer, and Joel Miller - volleyball player!

Three! All from one, otherwise dismal, northern town.

Can anyone better that?

Top Bottom