The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
We know the Aussies aren't having the best olympics, so this re-imagining of the 2012 logo made me chuckle. I just hope it's for real.

standalone

U

User482

If Yorkshire was a separate country, in its own right, it would be 5th in the Olympic medals table.
My husband (post as Packrat) is well chuffed.

Yorkshire hubris, I'm afraid.

If we consider the traditional counties (seeing as Yorkshire is now several counties):

Andrew Triggs Hodge - born in Buckinghamshire
Katherine Copeland - born in Northumberland

That leaves Yorkshire with three gold medalists: Jess Ennis, Ed Clancy and Brownlee

Lancashire has four gold medalists - Peter Charles (Liverpool) Etienne Stott (Manchester) Jason Burke (Colne) & Jason Kenny (Bolton).

My case reclines upon the divan, smoking a cheroot.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A special award should be given to the commentator at the canoe sprint doubles this morning. Most of the competitors were from Slovakia, Russia, Romania, and the Czech Republic. Most of the names were very difficult to pronounce, and some of them were double-barrelled, making them doubly difficult to pronounce.

Maz

Guru
A special award should be given to the commentator at the canoe sprint doubles this morning. Most of the competitors were from Slovakia, Russia, Romania, and the Czech Republic. Most of the names were very difficult to pronounce, and some of them were double-barrelled, making them doubly difficult to pronounce.
+1
Let's give it up for the BBC's Alexej Štefánik Husák-Jones! :bravo:

Maz

Guru
Yorkshire hubris, I'm afraid.

If we consider the traditional counties (seeing as Yorkshire is now several counties):

Andrew Triggs Hodge - born in Buckinghamshire
Katherine Copeland - born in Northumberland

That leaves Yorkshire with three gold medalists: Jess Ennis, Ed Clancy and Brownlee

Lancashire has four gold medalists - Peter Charles (Liverpool) Etienne Stott (Manchester) Jason Burke (Colne) & Jason Kenny (Bolton).

My case reclines upon the divan, smoking a cheroot.
Isn't Liverpool in Merseyside, so not technically Lancashire?

Top Bottom