The Olympic Trivial Thing Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What about in the coxless pairs/fours? How do they know where they are going? :laugh:

You just need to row in a straight line :laugh:
To be honest with you, I think the more rowers you have in a boat, the more scope there is of things going wrong

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Basically, the bigger the boat, the less most of the rowers can see, so they need someone to guide them
So when Brody told Quint "You're gonna need a bigger boat," he should have checked that Quint had a cox. Oh, hang on, that was Hooper's job. Sorry, just rambling.

The Thighs the limit...Davywalnuts - hang your head in shame. Greipel left and Forstemann bulge for the camera. (Greipel would win the widest facial opening award I reckon, even if his thighs are naff.)
article-0-144A7E8A000005DC-727_634x474.jpg

fimm

Veteran
Does anyone know anything about gymnastics? My boyfriend and I were wondering if women were physically capable of working on the very strength-based apparatuses the men use, especially the pommel horse and the rings. I thought we probably couldn't, while he thought I was being negative about women's capabilities...

rikki

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1959250, member: 76"]
Hockey was only introduced to the Olympics following a translation mix-up, croquet has never been seen in the games since[/quote]

Is this true?
Can you cite an authority?

I can't wait to tell the croquet nut in this house.
He'll be home from croquet in about 2 hours. :laugh:

Top Bottom