The Otley Sportive - 2nd Year - 15th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The Otley Sportive - 2nd Year - 15th September 2012​

The Otley Sportive will return this September. The medium and long rides head into the Dales National Park. Climb up the valley and you will be rewarded with some of the most beautiful countryside Yorkshire has to offer.

The event has a personality that really invites and welcomes all riders of all abilities to get on their bike and ride with wonderful people. The ride is about having fun and not about ego's. Finishing the ride with tea, coffee and cake in the church hall allows all riders to come together and share their
experience. So come along and join this young event which is growing in reputation.

The event is supported by British Cycling, entry is to be done via the British Cycling website. The event costs £10.

You can enter online directly by clicking here -> CLICK ME

Full details on the Otley Sportive website here -> CLICK ME

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's sponsored by my wife's NHS employer - wonder if I can use this as an excuse to add another event :thumbsup:

DCLane

I've seen one of my colleagues is entered as well with his wife.

Risking SWMBO's wrath I've entered the 'Long' route with 'Cycle Chat' as the team as always.

DCLane

Does anyone have a .gpx or .tpx for the Long route?

I've not got a Garmin and that's what they're using for the routes. Mine's a Bryton 35 so needs the file rather than logging into Garmin.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Does anyone have a .gpx or .tpx for the Long route?

I've not got a Garmin and that's what they're using for the routes. Mine's a Bryton 35 so needs the file rather than logging into Garmin.

Ok Garmin Connect wont let me convert the course, however I have downloaded the .fit file from my Garmin 200. If you PM me your email address I will send you it, then if you go here -> CLICK ME you can use that site to convert it to whatever kind of GPS file you need. That way you can try a few different formats till you get it to work on your GPS coz there are a couple of .gpx formats and I dont know which one will work for you.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Well I replaced the chain today and took the bike out for a ride and the chain was skipping all over the place, luckly I also ordered and new cassette and once fitted all the gears are now working again.

The weather forecast is saying it is going to be a nice day.

The plan is to chuck the bike in the car and park up in otley so it just needs the weather to be nice and me to get up early and get there about 8:30 as I have to get signed up and pay on the day, so lets see what happens in the morning.

DCLane

I'll be there around 8.45 - hope to park in the Bridge Street car park. I've got SWMBO's dark blue Honda Jazz. Green & white Castelli jersey - probably.

Bike's OK (tyre doesn't look great but it'll have to do!) - and I've fitted the cadence sensor that's been laid about for 6 months.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I'll be there around 8.45 - hope to park in the Bridge Street car park. I've got SWMBO's dark blue Honda Jazz. Green & white Castelli jersey - probably.

Bike's OK (tyre doesn't look great but it'll have to do!) - and I've fitted the cadence sensor that's been laid about for 6 months.

I am going to try and park just over the road from Asda up a side street I have a customer I go and see just round the corner and there is usually a space round there.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Progress is slow, but steady. I certainly hope that I'll be ready to do some decent rides again in a year's time!

Good glad to hear it :thumbsup:

I am trying to get my fitness level up a notch and it seems to be working I am trying harder hills that I wouldnt try before, I also am thinking about maybe getting a new bike next year but I will need to maintain my fitness over winter first so I will see how that goes before I decide.

The ride tomorrow is a nice ride I actually did it last Sunday to see what it was like but I had to miss out langbar coz I was to knackered, by the time I had rode there and home I did 91 miles so this time I will be taking the bike in the car to otley.

Top Bottom