The Otley Sportive - 2nd Year - 15th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Could you 'streetview' the dangerous bend for us?

I think it was here CLICK ME from what he said he went to the right edge of the road and braked and his wheel went and he went straight on through that pile of dirt and carried on, he was a few feet in and his bike was a few feet on from further on from him.

If that is the correct place if you goto the bottom of the hill then back up a long hill at the top is where that picture of DCLane was taken.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, that does look like a trap for the unwary! I think I'd be slowing down way before I came to that bend but it does tighten up very suddenly so it would be easy to get caught out.

I like the look of that road though - just the kind of thing for a good forum ride! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Yes, that does look like a trap for the unwary! I think I'd be slowing down way before I came to that bend but it does tighten up very suddenly so it would be easy to get caught out.

I like the look of that road though - just the kind of thing for a good forum ride! :thumbsup:

Yes it does suddenly bend round, his mate who came running up the road is lucky I didnt run him over

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Phil missed a feed station? :ohmy:

Technically I didnt, I stopped at the top of the hill to see if that guy was ok after climbing the hill and there was a car in a layby with someone fishing something out of the boot. I thought it was either someone who had broken down getting picked up or just someone getting a bike out of the car, it didnt occur to me that it was full of food :rolleyes: anyway use light weights dont want to ruin out figures you know :angel:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If that is the correct place if you goto the bottom of the hill then back up a long hill at the top is where that picture of DCLane was taken.

That's the hill - I was also behind them 'cos I decided not to cut the corner.

A lot of the Otley route would be a good forum ride - cafe stop at Kettlewell and some good hills.

Top Bottom