The P Fairy Myth? I don't think so!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

On my return commute last night, cycling along a cycle path in torrential rain, see a guy holding his bike up and spinning the front wheel. As a reasonable sort of chap I pull up and ask if he has had a P***t**e. "No I came off earlier and the mudguard is rubbing against the wheel but I think I've fixed it". "No problem" I say and set off, I had not travelled five yards before the front end felt like lead, sure enough flat as a f**t. There was always a convention over on the recently demised C+ forum not to mention P***t**es or the P fairy will pay you a visit. Stuff and nonsense I thought but followed the rule just in case (superstitious me?). Well I am now a true believer and have banished the P word from my vocabulary. Only one problem when I call in at my LBS do I ask for a P Fairy repair kit? :?: Still on a positive note that's only two visits in approx 5000 miles. Thank you Ultragator. :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
"So, at five o'clock, Mr Paul screwed the lid back on his fountain pen, switched off his desk light and went down to the bike shed. How he was looking forward to his ride home, to the loving arms of his family.

When he got there, for a second he thought his beloved steed had been stolen.

Then he saw it. Not only were both tyres devoid of air, but the whole frame had deflated! A puncture in every tube. As he kicked the remains angrily, stubbing his toe on the bike stand in the process, he knew he'd never tempt the fairies again..."

dondare

Über Member
puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture, puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture

You might tell, I use Schwalbe Marathon Plus.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Arch said:
"So, at five o'clock, Mr Paul screwed the lid back on his fountain pen, switched off his desk light and went down to the bike shed. How he was looking forward to his ride home, to the loving arms of his family.

When he got there, for a second he thought his beloved steed had been stolen.

Then he saw it. Not only were both tyres devoid of air, but the whole frame had deflated! A puncture in every tube. As he kicked the remains angrily, stubbing his toe on the bike stand in the process, he knew he'd never tempt the fairies again..."

:tongue: :?: :biggrin: :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Puncture

Puncture

Puncture

Nothing happening yet and I'm looking at my bike as I type and the Schwalbe's look as hard as me. So to speak.

Oh

But

What about the other two bikes in the garage at home :?: :tongue: :biggrin:

chris42

puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture, puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture puncture

You might tell, I'm not superstitious.

do you have RSI now :tongue:

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
ditto what User said.

Alcdrew

Only twice on a commute have I sucome to having a fairy!! I find that they come over night like most fairies, so have a flat before I leave, still makes me late for work but at least I don't have the hassle at the side of the road. Which is just a well as I have just gone form 26" to 700c and don't have a spare tube!! which is the the only way to sort out a visit at the road side.

I'm thinking of getting a repair in a tin thing. Seal and repair, type thing. Any one use these? Are they any good? Cos after all this talk of puntures I know I'll have one soon.

Andy 71

Well, it had to happen. I knew my smugness would come back to haunt me some day.

I had my first p* in 18 months of cycle commuting.

Went to basement car park to help colleague fix his machine. I spied my rear tyre, as flat as a pancake. Repaired it quickly enough. Fortunately, I always keep a set of disposable latex gloves in my tool kit, so I didn't have to spend half the afternoon washing the muck off!

And this coming from the guy who constantly tells his colleague that he gets frequent p*'s by riding too near to the gutter and that he should adopt the primary position/put more pressure in his tyres.

sykes

Read this thread a few days ago and got my first p* in about 9 months yesterday scary busy fairy this week i think!!

Top Bottom