The Passport Office

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Mine took 19 days, but the Irish passport office probably had to send a telegram boy by bike

G3CWI

Veteran
...well it's hardly a holiday period and they probably took on lots of extra staff who now have to fight to do each application!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
[QUOTE 3376846, member: 259"]It's cheaper for me to fly to the UK, take a taxi to the passport office, and get a one day passport issue than it is for me to send my passports for renewal[/QUOTE]
Blimey. I used to have to get mine done same-day as I could fly on business at 24-hours' notice (less on a couple of occasions), and the cost was quite eye-watering.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
[QUOTE 3376850, member: 259"]Irish passports are a feck of a lot cheaper than UK ones. Our kids have them.[/QUOTE]
Which is exactly why I went IRL over GBR :smile:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
[QUOTE 3376817, member: 76"]I had my picture taken and got a form for my new passport on Saturday last. I filled it in on Sunday, posted it on Monday, without the £8.75 check by the Post Office. On Wednesday I got a text saying the passport would take three weeks to arrive.

Today the passport arrived, with the date of issue the 11th, Tuesday!

They have clearly got their act together as they did it effectively in one day. Arrived with them and processed and printed on Tuesday, posted on Wednesday.

Stunning service :bravo:[/QUOTE]
Did you not have to pay the £8.75 either?

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Irish passports like all passports need an authentic representative, there is a great American priest in London, who will sign for a donation to the Church, he also comments on your accent.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Irish passports like all passports need an authentic representative, there is a great American priest in London, who will sign for a donation to the Church, he also comments on your accent.
totally off topic, but your avatar looks like somone's got a VERY firm grip on his testicles!

Billy Wizz

Über Member
totally off topic, but your avatar looks like somone's got a VERY firm grip on his testicles!
Sorry for wandering off, apologies to everyone involved in this topic ?

My avatar is a bitch she is 10 years of age and has never applied for a passport.

[QUOTE 3376817, member: 76"]I had my picture taken and got a form for my new passport on Saturday last. I filled it in on Sunday, posted it on Monday, without the £8.75 check by the Post Office. On Wednesday I got a text saying the passport would take three weeks to arrive.

Today the passport arrived, with the date of issue the 11th, Tuesday!

They have clearly got their act together as they did it effectively in one day. Arrived with them and processed and printed on Tuesday, posted on Wednesday.

Stunning service :bravo:[/QUOTE]
THat's good news. Maybe it's time I finally got a UK passport. You have to send in all your current passports (I'm naturalised) and I hate the idea of being trapped without a passport, so I haven't risked it yet.

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3376817, member: 76"]Stunning service :bravo:[/QUOTE] Well, perhaps:rolleyes:.

I would be waiting to see if my new passport got me smoothly through a border control before throwing my hat in the air for joy:whistle:..

^_^

Top Bottom