The pathetic debacle that is Christmas shopping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Mr Yenrod = extremely sensible and Mr Velvet Curtain = also extremely sensible.

Buying myself :laugh::blush: lots of presents, Reindeer, Maltesers, car, chocolate brazils, bubble bath, means I at least get some presents. Otherwise I get given giant boxes of toffees (do they hope that will keep me quiet, no I just do not like them), not-very-nice-smelling bath foam, mugs that you cannot put in the dishwasher :laugh:, etc etc.

I have seen the ideal pressie for someone, but cannot get it until January, so they will have to wait. They have not given me a pressie, but that is not the point at all. I have found something I am sure they will like. I have also raided the bedding shops, which have already started their sale, to buy some quilt covers, plain two shades of blue one shade each side, to give to a centre for the homeless so that when someone gets a flat of their own, they can have some new bedding. Second hand furniture does not bother me, but I would like to have new bedding if it was me, so would others, surely. I was the only customer in the shop yesterday, with about five assistants to help if necessary.

I hope this does not give the wrong impression. It is just that like most people I cannot bear to see waste, either in terms of money or "Stuff". I was very happy with the Mercedes Benz I was given yesterday, left hand drive A class, one and a half inches long, one previous owner.:smile::biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
Buying yourself a pres. @ xmas guarantees happiness !:laugh:
I have sent an email to Santa:smile:, in order to iron out any problem, I have included my cc number .:laugh: only thing is......I might have left it a little late.:smile: . Never mind, it's a summer time toy anyway.:sad:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I'd love to go shopping on my bike, but the Basildon Chavs would dismantle it and leg it in around 20 seconds flat I feel.

longers

Legendary Member
I rode over to B+Q today for the last gift. Forgot the keys to my lock so was allowed to wheel my bike around the store. I was very tempted to get on and ride it up and down the aisles* :laugh:.

If anyones looking for last minute gifts I'd recommend B+Q as it was very quiet while many other places looked very horribly busy.

*I now regret not doing it :laugh:.

Top Bottom