The Peak District

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil80

I'm looking to do some cycling in the Peak District over a few weekends this summer, stopping in YH and such.

Has anyone got much experience of the Peak District

Bobario

Veteran
I wouldnt say i had a vast amount of experience, but the peak district is rapidly overtaking wales as my favourite place to ride. The peaks have a huge network of trails and bridleways criss crossing them, including classics like Jacobs Ladder and Cut Gate. The dark peak area seems to be the most popular with mountain bikers, but there are loads of great routes in the white peak too. I'm from merseyside too, and the thing i noticed first were the height and gradient of the hills. Some of them are real lungbusters, especially off-road. We dont have any hills at all that compare to the peaks (or wales for that matter).

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I tend to road bike in the Peak District, but a lot of my friends mountain bike around Macclesfield Forest and rate it very highly.

Superb biking in the peak, Edale YH would make an ideal base for the dark peak area, and Youlgrave an ideal base for the white peak ....very close to bakewell, haddon hall & chatsworth( which is the area I'm exploring at the minute) riddled with bridleways, woods with fast singletrack, rocky stuff, and pubs ^_^

OP
OP
P

Phil80

Nice one, thats exactly what i'm looking for, and the pubs make it even better! Just got a book from Cicerone with riding in the Yorkshire Dales, it looks pretty decent as well

Top Bottom