The Perils of Cows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not high on the Peril list, probably somewhere below taking your hand off the bars to scratch your noggin but they do carry some peril I found on Monday when I got stuck behind a huge herd on a narrow country lane, going in for milking .

It wasn't so much a case of weaving around the cow pats but finding the shallowest line. But, as a fully paid up member of the mudguard botherer's association I took some comfort knowing that I wasn't going to get covered in the stuff and if you need another reason on your list of, reasons to have mudguards, there's one which you may not previously have thought about.

So apart from moving, 'clean bike' up the list I forgot about it until this afternoon when I got on my bike to go for a spin. I hadn't got far before I deduced the brakes were rubbing, except they weren't. When I looked down, sticking out either side of my blocks was dried on cow poo. It was tough too. I had to go back and get a screwdriver to prize it off with.

Cows eh.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thats udderly ridiculous :smile:

Peteaud

Veteran
7149938389_b4bdb3216a.jpg

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I knew this well crafted warning would be reduced to punnery and you lot would be faeces-itious after you realized I wasn't t-boned by one.

Davidc

Guru
Cow poo + mud + rain = worlds best lubricant = off!

Cow poo + mud + rain = substance harder than concrete! (when dry)

Cow poo + mud + rain = substance stickier than superglue! (wet or dry)

Cow poo + mud + rain = stealth coating for roads, totally invisible in the dark with all known bike lights!

byegad

Legendary Member
This thread stinks!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
On the bright side, it gave you a chance for a rest though Crax!

I got held up for some time by 3000 sheep in the Alps this year but dry sheep poo is less of a peril.
P1040070_zpsd4354229.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

I can remember being held up by a flock of sheep whilst on a reliability trial, riding into a village I turned left onto the main road then right into a side road and came to a stop as the road was blocked by a flock of sheep, I was then joined by the two lads who had been chasing me, we sat there for a while, the sheep looking at us and us looking at the sheep, then the Shepard informed us that it was the bright cycle clothes the two lads were wearing that the sheep were objecting to, he had the two lads move into alley so they were out of sight then the sheep moved past and we continued.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On the bright side, it gave you a chance for a rest though Crax!

I got held up for some time by 3000 sheep in the Alps this year but dry sheep poo is less of a peril.
P1040070_zpsd4354229.jpg

Rich, I think :tired: you will find :tired: there are 2991 sheep there.

Top Bottom