The Perils of Zoom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
"I'm here live!! It's ... I'm not a cat!" :laugh:

I do like the "Recording of this hearing or live stream is prohibited. Violation may .. result in a fine ... and a jail term" statement. Has the Judge committed purr-jury?

The panicking plaintiff's downloaded a filter similar to Snap Camera, or someone who uses the computer has: https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/ne...ther-filters-for-zoom-meetings-and-team-calls

I'm in an MS Teams meeting tomorrow. Preferably I want to be a potato.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
143306995_10157962106822514_8595896216278532090_o.jpeg

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I am on Teams all the time, I hope someone is keeping a tally of the Zoom/Skype/Teams disasters that are occurring.

The head of a very large NHS Trust talking about being kind to each other in these Covid times, and her teenage boys started a row in the background with the words 'No, f*** you you c***' at top volume.
The manager of a team sat on Teams with all her pants and bras on the drying rack behind after clicking 'unblur' on the background.
The 17 year old daughter of a member of my team wandering in, topless, to her mum and asking where her bra was, while her mum was on a call with all of us.
The manager of a team on hearing that someones wife had left over the weekend saying 'I am amazed she stuck with that tw@ for so long', to hear, "you aren't on mute" from the man who had been left.
A director giving a whole spiel on mute, realising, unmuting and saying 'F***ing Teams, I hate it', moments after coming off mute.

We have had some absolute corkers, and they happen every single day!

GlamorganGuy

The meeting hadn't yet begun but I saw the other members had logged on. I was anxious about the meeting and experienced a pressing need to pass wind - so I seized the chance to let rip before the meeting started. The horror as the words "(My name) is speaking" appeared on screen and I realised my mic was open.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Someone saying how sick they were on a morning catch-up, really really poorly, going back to bed, rotten ill. In walks her 4 year old daughter saying, 'Mummy we are ready for sledging, have you lied to your boss? Come on hurry up we are all waiting'

A chap in our team telling us he had done all his e-learning and was smugly all bang up to date, at which point he shared his screen to show us a powerpoint, but shared screen 2 instead of screen 1, so we all saw his e-learning record, clearly showing nothing was complete.

A lady in the team sharing her screen, with an email titled 'Interview Confirmation'.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
"I'm here live!! It's ... I'm not a cat!" :laugh:

I do like the "Recording of this hearing or live stream is prohibited. Violation may .. result in a fine ... and a jail term" statement. Has the Judge committed purr-jury?

The panicking plaintiff's downloaded a filter similar to Snap Camera, or someone who uses the computer has: https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/ne...ther-filters-for-zoom-meetings-and-team-calls

I'm in an MS Teams meeting tomorrow. Preferably I want to be a potato.
They interviewed the judge on SKY News. He thought it was amusing.

captain nemo1701

In our Teams meeting the other day....I slipped out a quiet fart. My gawd...had to pretend everything was OK until the end when I could throw open the window:laugh:.

Anyone tempted to just sit very, very still, pretending your VPN or connection has gone wrong?. It'll be like those 'freeze frames' they did at then end of Police Squad....not frozen, just being very still:okay:

Mtbsensa

Regular
That clip made me laugh so hard lol, but these other stories are absolutely terrifying. Every day im dreading the moment i will forget to turn off my mic.. We've had a few funny incidents as well so it's just a matter of time before its me!

Pffft,

Amateurs. :rolleyes:

I'm even teaching handstands via Zoom these days.

All fine until you forget to tuck your t-shirt in.. :blush:

I’m sure your clients would turn a blind eye!

I am of the school of let them naturally hang out if you find it more comfortable or strap them up if you prefer. They are useful tools for childrearing in the main but just happen to have a sideline benefit for women in the bedroom if approached between lovers correctly😜 as I don’t find a topless girls particularly attractive. I’m a curled hair kind of guy.

Last edited:

GlamorganGuy

It's the hope that kills you... In the stunned aftermath of my Zoom fart there was a moment where I told myself "perhaps no one heard"...

All too quickly dispelled by the dreaded words "don't worry mate, it happens to the best of us". Basically the online version of "more tea, vicar?"

captain nemo1701

QUOTE="GlamorganGuy, post: 6308110, member: 107453"]
It's the hope that kills you... In the stunned aftermath of my Zoom fart there was a moment where I told myself "perhaps no one heard"...

All too quickly dispelled by the dreaded words "don't worry mate, it happens to the best of us". Basically the online version of "more tea, vicar?"
[/QUOTE]
I had to keep a straight face and mine was unfortunately what George Carlin refers to as a 'fart that could end a marriage':laugh:. Anyway, Uncle George has some valuable advice for us on this topic to avoid social embarassment:whistle::

Top Bottom