The Police or The Jam ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I reckon you sing a certain Jam song when it's late at night and you're heading home to Zone 6
Going into my limousine?

KneesUp

Guru
This thread can split people into 3 groups.

1. Idiots who say The Police
2. Idiots who don’t know
3. Correct people who say The Jam

This responses can be split into three groups

1. Those who are victims of crime
2. Those who want something sweet in their scone
3. Those who are simply relieved there was never a collaboration between Sting and Weller

slowwww

Veteran
Big Country were the first band I ever saw live. 5th December 1986 at the Ingilston Arena, Edinburgh. 2 days after my 18th birthday

BC were probably the band that I saw most live during the 80s and 90s, and were definitely the best. While I loved them in smaller venues, the most notable was when they were warm-up for Bowie on the Glass Spider tour at Wembley stadium and blew him off the stage.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Although i must admit to blondie although that could just be a raging testosterone thing :smile:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLaG5LKOliPX9k1mIfxjGHz_ffT9Yo2tQ8CSO_1DfKjG2AWq0OXQ.jpg

Venod

Eh up
So I looked at my Spotify playlist no Jam, no Police, no Weller, no Sting.

So I looked on my NAS drive, no Jam, no Police, 4 Paul Weller albums, 7 Sting Albums, one being the Best of Sting and the Police.

So it looks like The Police will get my vote.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
My first concert was The Jam at Bingley Hall Stafford, October 1982. Having seen various groups afterwards* I still prefer a straight-in-your-face concert with no
jazzy special effects. That's what I remember from that night; straight up in your face music with no frills.

* good god, I still don't know how I ended up seeing The Thomson Twins in Nottingham some years later, it was a show I'd rather forget -honestly I have no recollection how I was roped into going -I'd bet probably something to do with a girl, given my age.

BC were probably the band that I saw most live during the 80s and 90s, and were definitely the best. While I loved them in smaller venues, the most notable was when they were warm-up for Bowie on the Glass Spider tour at Wembley stadium and blew him off the stage.

Top Bottom