The Police or The Jam ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I think they are both sh1te. If I was forced to listen to one, it would definitely be The Police, just because I didn't mind the odd song when I was a boy, I have always thought The Jam and anything to do with Paul Weller was sh1te all my life. I don't like Madness either.

Possibly because I was a Grebo when I was young, still am really..

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I have both Police and Jam albums and like both.

If I had to choose (as I said earlier) The Jam

Although to be honest, as good as some of the Jam stuff was, I think Stanley Road was Weller's finest hour

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Motorhead.

There is rock music, and there is an annoying racket. The Po-lice and the Marmalade fall into the latter.

Even more impressive given their bass player was a dog

Dave7

Legendary Member
Always interesting these threads although I cannot understand how people can label certain music as sh*te just because its not to their taste.
As an old git I grew up with the Beatles and Stones etc but can still enjoy Police & Jam.
Jam imo made some good records eg Thats Entertainment, Eton Rifles, Going Underground & Town Called Mallice etc.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Interesting question - I'm happy to admit that I have albums by both of them, which is a decent excuse to have a rummage through the vinyl collection tonight. I got into the Police earlier but probably listened to The Jam more.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
On the same note, am I the only one that starts singing a certain Jam song in his head, when someone's name is mentioned, who has the surname "Watts" ? :blush:

Top Bottom