The Police or The Jam ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
The jam by a country mile.

How else was a country boy meant to learn the drums back in the day if it wasn't for a Town Called Malice or even Going Underground? :smile:

Lullabelle

Banana
Same here. Stuart Adamson sadly missed

:sad:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Rhetorical question, surely? There's no contest here. It's like a third division team (the Police) playing the Premier League Jam in the FA cup and getting all excited about it. They might score, but 99 times out of 100, the musical ability and lyrical superiority will see the Jam win this. No contest.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The jam by a country mile.

How else was a country boy meant to learn the drums back in the day if it wasn't for a Town Called Malice or even Going Underground? :smile:

My first time living & working in London I had to get two tube trains and walk a couple of miles to rehearsals every day and I walked to the rhythm of Strange Town, Down in the Tube Station et al on my Walkman.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Funnily enough I just put this question to the wife and she replied emphatically in favour of the Police because, she argues, they achieved success by their own merits. The Jam were heavily involved in dodgy chart-rigging practices. Now I would say that's irrelevant because the music itself stands the test of time but she feels (strongly) that they weren't good enough to make it on their own.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Funnily enough I just put this question to the wife and she replied emphatically in favour of the Police because, she argues, they achieved success by their own merits. The Jam were heavily involved in dodgy chart-rigging practices. Now I would say that's irrelevant because the music itself stands the test of time but she feels (strongly) that they weren't good enough to make it on their own.

If we take into account all chart rigging - Iron Maiden were bigger than Jesus

Top Bottom