The price of nostalgia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I would buy it, especially if you have someone to ride it for you.
I try and keep an eye out for those kids trikes with the big triangular car boot things on the back
kids%20trike.jpg

Not to buy, as I don't have the room in my shed, nor do I have any kids, but just to take a pic of and say 'I had one of those and I loved it'

I try and keep an eye out for those kids trikes with the big triangular car boot things on the back
kids%20trike.jpg

Not to buy, as I don't have the room in my shed, nor do I have any kids, but just to take a pic of and say 'I had one of those and I loved it'

That is rather unusual and nice. I've never seen one...so technically I can't get nostalgic about it.

ScotiaLass

Guru
kids%20trike.jpg

Oh my!!! I remember this!!!
We had a lad in our street who was disabled. He rode one of these about the streets and kept his 'treasures' in the back.
Looking at this brought it all back!

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well the auction ended without me bidding, hope they don't relist it :rolleyes: but whilst under the influence last night I did bid on another bike for a project & rather more than I wanted to pay, still a few hours left for someone to outbid me yet:blush:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oh my!!! I remember this!!!
We had a lad in our street who was disabled. He rode one of these about the streets and kept his 'treasures' in the back.
Looking at this brought it all back!
I used to prop the 'boot' open and carry my teddy about, up and down the garden. Apparently I went everywhere on it. I went to the shops with it (Mum walking alongside) and would bring some shopping home. If I had to go up the garden, some 30 yards, I went on my bike. I loved it to pieces. It did have a name but I cannot remember what I called it. I was quite young.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I used to prop the 'boot' open and carry my teddy about, up and down the garden. Apparently I went everywhere on it. I went to the shops with it (Mum walking alongside) and would bring some shopping home. If I had to go up the garden, some 30 yards, I went on my bike. I loved it to pieces. It did have a name but I cannot remember what I called it. I was quite young.
Awww thats sweet!
This lad was older, maybe in his late teens. He was learning disabled. He went everywhere on this trike and even took his lunch out with him so he didn't have to go home! We all looked out for him and everyone knew Tom and his trike :smile:

Rafferty

kids%20trike.jpg

I also had one of those. I am also looking. I am fortunate in that I have room in my bike workshop, (large shed with electricity), and grandchildren that will be able to use it when they visit.
I have also been looking for a Rosetti guitar as this was the model I learnt to play on. I wouldn't however, want my ex-wife back for nostalgic reasons!

Top Bottom