The Pyrenees - Road Riding, Mountain Biking & Enduro Riding…… and more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Alongside the Rio Ara, Zona Zero, Spain . . . . . 5 mins from home.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh where is the mud fest. I'm moving out there !

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
The philosophy here is "If you're riding a trail and you see a stone in the way, just move it". If everyone does that then the Zona Zero trails remain well maintained with the minimum of work.

The Zona Zero team have provided a broom at the Pump Track so that if anyone turns up to ride and the track is a bit dirty, they can give it a sweep.....

:-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Last ride of the year - a spin in the snow. :-)

It's cold here now, need to dig out my winter kit. Summer kit plus "arm warmers and a Buff" are just not enough!

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Sometimes it's funny how you meet fellow riders and make new friends . . . .

After last weeks snowfall, followed by 36 odd hrs of steady rain, the middle of the normally grassy public carpark behind our rented flat had turned into a bit of a quagmire. From our lounge window we could look down and see a little white Peugot 306 halfway across the carpark - spinning its wheels in the mud.

After a couple of minutes the driver got out, gave the mud "a good looking at" and then got back in a tried again, to no avail. I put on my wellies and went down to help him. Between him driving and me pushing we managed to get the car onto firmer ground and then over to the entrance of the carpark, which is tarred.

He got out and thanked me and wanted to buy me a coffee - there's a coffee shop next door to us - but my dinner was on the table so I declined. Then I noticed a bike roof-rack on his car and said in Spanish "you ride?". His face lit up and we chatted for 10 minutes about cycling. He rides road & MTB, same as me.

We friended each other on FB, swapped phone numbers and "promised to ride together soon". Then he thanked me again, looked up at the sky and said "You're an Angel". I laughed then he said "I should know, I'm the Priest of Boltaña church!"

Tomorrow we're doing a road ride together....

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Some pics from yesterdays Road Ride.

Jose (the Priest from Boltaña church) and I started together in Boltaña, rode through to Ainsa, where we were joined by his friend Rafael (the Priest from Ainsa church!), carried on out to the "Collado de Foradada" which sits at 1020m, then back again. 55km in all.

Climbed around 700m, almost all of it during the "there" part of the ride, making the "and back" part easy!

It was a great ride. Sunny, but we still needed to wrap up. It is January after all....

I've never been on a ride before where I was out-numbered by Priests!

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
From last year - starting the descent from the "Muro de Roda" (The Wall of Roda) castle in La Fueva, 20 mins outside Ainsa, on Route ZL-04 - on a sunny day with the Mediano Dam in the background.....

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Another Road Ride today with Jose.

From home in Boltaña to Graus Plaza - 53km with 900m of climbing. Open roads, sunshine, no traffic, some climbing..... and some descending. We saw Vultures and a pet Jabalíe (Wild Boar), we met friends and had lunch. It was a great day out :-)

Some amazing views today . . .

Our route and profile:

We stopped en-route see Jose's friends pet Wild Boar . . .

Finished up in the beautiful Graus plaza.....

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Yesterdays blast on the MTB . . . . stopped up in the Old Town to grab some water from the "Fuente" and a couple of pics.....

My bike with the Peña Montañesa behind it and the Rio Cinca looking south towards the Mediano Dam.

It was a beautiful day and good to be out :-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
With the Alto-Pyrenees to the North and the Lakes to the south, there are enough big landmarks around here that although you might take a little wrong turn occasionally, no one should ever really get lost.......

Zona Zero have taken care of the sign posting and done a great job.....

Happy trails . . . . .

:-)

Top Bottom