The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Platform 31/2 in the Interchange in use yet?

I haven't been through there for a few weeks so I don't know.
All those long platforms often seem a bit excessive for a 142...:rolleyes:

There are also quite a few buses of various ages in there.
Almost my entire life until I left home was spent travelling on green London Transport/Country RT double deckers. An occasional RLH if near Upminster and a certain low bridge. Very occasional RML Green Line 'coaches'. And an RAF colleague I knew in the mid-70s (a fireman from Yorkshire) had his own green RF single decker, which i got to drive around the airfield at Oakington, Cambridge!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Platform 31/2 in the Interchange in use yet?

Just arrived at t'Interchange and platform 3 is again unoccupied.
We're at the recently extended platform 4, which seems a bit like overkill for a 2-car 150.

Talking of which, this is the supposedly "prestige" new direct service to Chester, which was meant to feature the fantastic new 100mph trains, that still don't appear to be in service - which probably explains why we're on an elderly, unrefurbished and frankly slightly smelly ex First 150...

classic33

Leg End Member
Just arrived at t'Interchange and platform 3 is again unoccupied.
We're at the recently extended platform 4, which seems a bit like overkill for a 2-car 150.

Talking of which, this is the supposedly "prestige" new direct service to Chester, which was meant to feature the fantastic new 100mph trains, that still don't appear to be in service - which probably explains why we're on an elderly, unrefurbished and frankly slightly smelly ex First 150...
That's Platform 31/2!

The maximum speed limit between Bradford and Manchester Victoria is 90mph. How are they expecting to run anything faster than that?

New rolling stock isn't expected until November, the earliest.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
That's Platform 31/2!

The maximum speed limit between Bradford and Manchester Victoria is 90mph. How are they expecting to run anything faster than that?

New rolling stock isn't expected until November, the earliest.

Ah, right I see now. ^_^

The train I was on didn't top 65mph between Bradford and Halifax, although I don't know what the line speed is on that section.

I was lucky that I must have just missed the events at Leeds that closed the station for most of the morning.
The train home was yet another sweltering 158 again with no air con and the heating on. It's amazing how most of Northerns 158 fleet have this issue. It was genuinely uncomfortable to travel on.

Top Bottom