The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 2450273, member: 45"]50s were the only diesels that did it for me. When we were on holiday in Cornwall my dad used to take me down to Penzance in the evenings to see which 50 was pulling the sleeper.[/quote]

And if you were lucky, there would be two on the front ............happy days^_^

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The only '50s I ever saw in BR service was when Fearless and Glorious came to Glasgow on one of the final tours :blush:

Seen plenty in preservation since then mind.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The real sad part is that as a northerner I didn't get to see many 50's but knew Fearless was 50,050 (and google confirmed my sadness!)

50050 (D400) is Fearless, 50033 (D433) is Glorious.

Despite never seeing many of them, I never really cared much for the '50s anyway, they were big fat ugly 'craggy faced' things, but, however, I liked their names, so much so that I actually memorised them all and can still recite all 50 of them! :blush::laugh:
I tried doing the same with the Warships (similar names), the Westerns and, of all things, the Jubilees, but it somehow didn't quite work the same.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Give me a number between, 50001 and 50050 and I'll tell you instantly what name it carried!!* :blush:

* - Providing I'm online to see the question quickly enough of course! :laugh:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Can't pass this one up.
50011, 50020, 50048, 50015 & 50037

Centurion*, Revenge, Dauntless, Valiant, Illustrious.

I have just come back online later than intended and have answered those straight off the top of my head. Am I correct? I have not checked it.

* - '11 was also Leviathan at one point I believe.

classic33

Leg End Member
Centurion*, Revenge, Dauntless, Valiant, Illustrious.

I have just come back online later than intended and have answered those straight off the top of my head. Am I correct? I have not checked it.

* - '11 was also Leviathan at one point I believe.
Leviathan was 40. Otherwise correct.

Top Bottom