The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

every day something aches at some point and you get 20 somethings whining about how hard it is doing the same job and you think gawd help them when they reach your age .

If I wake up in the morning and nothing hurts I start worrying that something's wrong.

needing reading glasses really annoys me.

realising the old bloke holding the door of the car at my youngest daughters prom (I know, I know) was me.

Still, Im active, have a good family life, great mates and mostly enjoy what I do so getting old is just a number - I cant help when I was born but hopefully can have a hand in staving off the other end.

keep on keeping on

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Going to my son's final school parents evening. Looking round at a hall full of tired looking middle aged people.
Realising that i must look exactly the same!
You don't Julia
I work in an area that requires me to constantly be looking at new things (virtual reality medical devices anyone?). So I'm working with energetic forward looking people and hopefully that rubs off on me. I know too many people my age who are rowing for shore and basically accepting a drift into old age.
Not me. I did my fastest ever ride last night. And I'm looking forward to a pubcrawl on Friday (albeit with my son which is somewhat alarming)

Sharky

Guru
Just applying a little factor 50 to my face and top of my head, slicking back my hair like they used to do with Brylcream.
Looked in the mirror and saw - my grandad!

Chatting to an old friend from school who had just been to a school reunion, it was a shock to find out how many people I went to school with in the 50s and 60s had died.

On another sombre note my suit , shirt and tie only get an airing at funerals.

But I still cycle and my first grandchild was born a few months ago so life is good.

My late father said it only hit him how old he was when he realised he had a son who was a pensioner.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I had someone at work tell me that when I started at my current job, they were in kindergarten. And that was after the photo industry, where I spent most of my "career".

Top Bottom