The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Or watch an advert on TV & it gets to the end when their name comes up & you think, Oh that's what they are advertising.

Or you get to the end and have absolutely no idea what the advert is about

D

Deleted member 26715

Is that more to do with being a Yorkshire man than being old though? 😂

Or an old Yorkshireman, they really are the best at it.

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks I'm hoping I get one of these

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 10.16.56.png

Gwylan

Veteran
Find myself arguing with Google when it pops up a photo from x years ago and me convinced it was only x/2 years ago.

Also when is that scruffy old git that lives in my bathroom cabinet going to clear off?

Gwylan

Veteran
I'm in a dispute with TalkTalk and because of my age they want me to admit to being effectively at risk.
Yes I wear hearing aids. But rubbish internet do not help. Struggling to tactfully say that the person at the other end would not meet my criteria for being classed an English speaker.

I asked the person at the other end to speak slowly and clearly to help me.

That launched the discussion about whether I was at risk or something.

Eventually I got through to someone in Salford who I understood, was totally competent and got the job done.

All I wanted to do was leave their rubbish overpriced service.

D

Deleted member 26715

Granddaughter came yesterday afternoon but forgot her tablet, so asked if I would go up to her house & pick it up, I would normally cycle it's 3/4 mile but I'll be honest in the heat I didn't fancy it. Daughter had taken my car so the first set of keys I saw where hers, so jumped in her car got there only to find there was no front door key on the fob. Muttered under my breath & drove home, wife has their front door key on her key fob, so picks her set up & drive back there, only to find I'd picked up the spare set that doesn't have the front door key, more words uttered & drove back home. All good on the 3rd attempt, wife's keys with correct door key on

Top Bottom