The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
While in a very busy pub on Friday night watching the England football match I was offered a seat with a back on, not a barstool, as "we don't want you falling off' and someone offered to walk me to the wet slippery floor gents, so that I wouldn't 'have a fall'. Notice that when they think you're old it's "have a fall", not just "fall over".:rolleyes:

Were you pissed?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
My other sport is table tennis and I've just been looking at the ranking lists for our local league.
Out of 143 players, I am ranked 69th. Nothing wrong with that.
But looking at the over 50's, the number of players drop to 84, with me now in 42nd place. Again nothing to worry about.

But looking at the over 70's, which is my group, the number of players drops to a worrying 21 players only, with me at 8th place.

But scary, looking at the over 80's, which will be my group in 7yrs, there is just ONE player who has made it into this age group!

What are the chances of me surviving to reach that group? Worrying!!!

Is it a knockout competition?

tyred

Legendary Member
On my recent visit to the Seamus Heaney museum, they have the actual fax machine on which he received the fax informing him that he had won the Nobel prize.

There were a group of school kids there on a school trip and they didn't know what a fax machine was so their teacher gathered them around it and explained the joys of fax to them.

Amazing how tech has advanced and the new generation hasn't a clue what a once-common piece of office equipment is. I remember fax machines perfectly well...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mind you, maybe breaking my hip/leg might be a blessing in disguise as if it was to happen they would operate the following day and give me a hip replacement. Whereas now I'm on a never shortening list and looking at probably another 2 to 3 years before I'm offered one. It'd only be a blessing in disguise though if I was to break the problematic right hip and not the ok left one!!

Top Bottom