The Republican Randonneurs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apart from anything else, the average bladder can only stand so much.
That's why they're hoping for rain tomorrow, so no one can tell the nobles have wet themselves. The archbishops are OK, though: as they say, a surplice hides a surplus!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Apart from his bladder problems, Tycho Brahe also had a prosthetic nose, a brass one for the daily chore of mapping the solar system and a gold/silver one for formal occasions. He made seriously accurate astronomic obsevations before the telescope was invented. He decided the sun went round the earth and the other planets round the sun. I bet picking his nose wasn't that much fun either.

Brahe was a scamp! Its a pity he’s not more well know because he was as far from people’s idea of a physicist or astronomer as it’s possible to be. I think there’s a small scale German language film of Kepler and Brahe’s story but it‘s rich enough to handle a proper big screen/netflix version.

If Brahe was at today’s nonsense he’s probably get into a knife-fight with Harry, make a move on Kate and chuck up over Charlie before leaving in the Nigerian head of state’s stolen limo. That I’d watch.

steverob

Guru
Settled for doing a Zwift ride in a virtual London during the ceremony. Disappointed the latest software update didn't put in golden horse-drawn carriages trying to run you off the Mall.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Settled for doing a Zwift ride in a virtual London during the ceremony. Disappointed the latest software update didn't put in golden horse-drawn carriages trying to run you off the Mall.

unfortunatly cancelled my zwift sub , mind you with my dodgy knee a rest is probably better

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think my plan to escape to Spain worked out ok. I managed to escape the worst of the pomp and ceremony while getting in a 65 mile ride in 28°C+ temperatures and blistering sunshine :hello:

IMG_20230506_152212412_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom