The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Last yoga class before the break and we were given a good work out

Tiger-Pose-1.jpg

Header-Camel-Pose-750x441-735x432.jpg

These are a couple of the poses we were doing this morning.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Dont tell me you are really.....
You cant be him, can you?
Really?
The 2nd coming at last :rolleyes:

Classic is Matthew?? :rofl::rofl:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hmmmmm 342 unread messages. Nope not even going to try. The weather has been glorious again today.

Hope you are all keeping well and no major dramas in the last few days?

I've been having a tough time recently, very down about the lack of cycling and the consultant's request that I do not cycle or do "easy" cycling. I felt I needed to keep away from all things cycle related as it was simply making me miserable. Anyway I had a really positive follow up clinic with two very kind and helpful neuro sisters. I may have said this before so I'll leave it at that. I've now spoken to another senior neuro sister who understood me and said she felt I could cycle provided I was careful and listened to my body.

Mrs P has agreed on the understanding I find a wearable blood pressure monitor. THE SEARCH IS ON.

Feeling much happier now so thought I'd pop back here again. :hello::hello::hello:

Meanwhile my phone seems to be behaving itself during the Factory Reset - thank you @welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hmmmmm 342 unread messages. Nope not even going to try. The weather has been glorious again today.

Hope you are all keeping well and no major dramas in the last few days?

I've been having a tough time recently, very down about the lack of cycling and the consultant's request that I do not cycle or do "easy" cycling. I felt I needed to keep away from all things cycle related as it was simply making me miserable. Anyway I had a really positive follow up clinic with two very kind and helpful neuro sisters. I may have said this before so I'll leave it at that. I've now spoken to another senior neuro sister who understood me and said she felt I could cycle provided I was careful and listened to my body.

Mrs P has agreed on the understanding I find a wearable blood pressure monitor. THE SEARCH IS ON.

Feeling much happier now so thought I'd pop back here again. :hello::hello::hello:

Meanwhile my phone seems to be behaving itself during the Factory Reset - thank you @welsh dragon

Welcome back Paul and you are very welcome

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Sounds ok but not sure how accurate a wrist measurement would be?

https://www.thehappytourists.com/pr...MI3pvrsqqt4gIVSrvtCh3Xxg9OEAQYBCABEgJTPfD_BwE

Thanks. This is one I have been looking at - it's a difficult decision. We have an Omron BPM at home which is the same as those used by the NHS. Whatever I decide to buy I'll be able to gauge its accuracy by comparing the readings with the Omron. In the USA Omron make one called Heartguide and it looks to be the absolute dog's whats its!! Cost is $499 which I'm afraid is out of my league though if it was available in the UK I think Mrs P and I would have a serious conversation about dipping in to our savings.

I emailed Omron asking if it would be in the UK at any point. I also said if they were planning clinical trials I'd sign up!!!! :laugh: Got a very friendly reply from Danielle who was very sorry but there are no plans for a UK release. I have to say what a very good company Omron appear to be. I have been in touch with both the UK and US support and while they couldn't help me the responses have been very quick and helpful. The UK company pointed me towards a couple of potential suppliers. I would have a lot of confidence in their products based on the customer service.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks. This is one I have been looking at - it's a difficult decision. We have an Omron BPM at home which is the same as those used by the NHS. Whatever I decide to buy I'll be able to gauge its accuracy by comparing the readings with the Omron. In the USA Omron make one called Heartguide and it looks to be the absolute dog's whats its!! Cost is $499 which I'm afraid is out of my league though if it was available in the UK I think Mrs P and I would have a serious conversation about dipping in to our savings.

I emailed Omron asking if it would be in the UK at any point. I also said if they were planning clinical trials I'd sign up!!!! :laugh: Got a very friendly reply from Danielle who was very sorry but there are no plans for a UK release. I have to say what a very good company Omron appear to be. I have been in touch with both the UK and US support and while they couldn't help me the responses have been very quick and helpful. The UK company pointed me towards a couple of potential suppliers. I would have a lot of confidence in their products based on the customer service.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-Wrist-Blood-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B00CJFDP9C

Lee_M

Guru
Went for a quick chat with the cycle club chairman in the pub tonight (it's about 200 feet from my house, hence why I chose it as the venue).

Agreed I would stay on the committee if I didn't have to have anything to do with setting policies for dropping/not dropping riders and average speeds of official rides (we have a few cyclists who like to prove they're better than everyone else by smashing the intermediate rides instead of going on the fast rides, and I have a bee in my bonnet about them being twats)

Then spent the rest of the evening drinking a few beers, so the evening ended better than expected

Top Bottom