The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Morning all.
Once again knackered after yesterdays battle with the Lilly roots :blush:.
But onwards and upwards (hopefully).
My day looks good.
Just enjoyed a coffee as tea just wouldnt do the trick today.
10.30 = a nice 20 mile ride. Have to say, I am pleased that my 72 year old legs are up for it after yesterday.
This afternoon will be tv sport. As @dave r says.... so much to choose from. We WILL watch Wimbledon AND we have strawberries & cream PLUS a decent bottle of Champas to wash it down.
Life is 'ard innit.

The problem is that my Good Lady will want to watch Wimbledon and I'll want to watch F1, a sensible compromise will be needed to maintain marital harmony, the cricket won't be a problem, I'll just switch to the radio for that.

Drago

Legendary Member
Now stuffed full of fry up and excellent hotel coffee. Round to the old fellers in a bit, then off for a flight in his plane.
38759115615_32d34f9642_b.jpg

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
The problem is that my Good Lady will want to watch Wimbledon and I'll want to watch F1, a sensible compromise will be needed to maintain marital harmony, the cricket won't be a problem, I'll just switch to the radio for that.
We have the answer to that ^_^
In the main lounge we have Virgin
In the rear lounge we have terrestial.
However we both want to watch the tennis.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Now stuffed full of dry up and excellent hotel coffee. Round to the old fellers in a bit, then off for a flight in his plane. View attachment 475385
Oooo. Nice!

I have never flown in my life and the thought of going in an airliner with its claustrophobic little windows scares the shoot out of me, but I think I could maybe talk myself into going in something like that where I can see all round me.

Drago

Legendary Member
We only have one TV in the house, Freeview.

In our house we call that a "window".

Dave7

Legendary Member
Oooo. Nice!

I have never flown in my life and the thought of going in an airliner with its claustrophobic little windows scares the shoot out of me, but I think I could maybe talk myself into going in something like that where I can see all round me.
I did a solo parachute jump out of a small 6 seater plane. As you suggest its totally different to being in the big ones.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, we are sitting in a Lido on the shoreline of Lake Como. The water is coolish but very refreshing. The wedding yesterday was a lavish affair but was really wonderful to be invited. Back home tomorrow evening to whatever form of reality awaits.
15630984052591956093841861423854.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Managed to get my 20 in. Kept up a reasonable pace (for me) but found it hard work against the wind.
Now for an afternoon of tv sport. Watching tdf at the moment but will switch to tennis shortly. Golf is on later but so is the WC cricket. Most people cant handle these difficult decisions :rolleyes:

Top Bottom