The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
Been quite enjoying myself recently. Sold the Francis Barnett as tried to mend it and made it worse, luckily the new owner is very clued up. That, of course, left a hole in the garage and holes are there to be filled, aren't they boys and girls? So fill it we shall, and fill it with this...

lifan.jpg

...which is electric. Really weird, like riding an e-bike I suppose and you can only really hear the wind rushing by. Don't imagine it's going to be fun on fast single carriage roads (only tried one, so far) but round town it's class. There's the worry of people not hearing you, so will probably ride with finger hovering over the horn. It's been 'chipped' as I think they only manages about 28mph usually, had 37 out if down hill, but takes some time to get there, of course. Charge supposedly lasts 30 miles, more like 25 the last owner said. Should be fun anyhow, and it's ultra cheap transport.

Aside from that. built my daughter's Pets-at-Home rabbit hutch today (simple enough job, to be fair) and ended up buying another cycle when supposed to be selling the ones I don't use. Nifty and highly enjoyable night on the pop last night too.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just done the washing up while singing along to Jethro Tull. I expect a record deal any minute.
Or "thick as a brick"

classic33

Leg End Member
Been quite enjoying myself recently. Sold the Francis Barnett as tried to mend it and made it worse, luckily the new owner is very clued up. That, of course, left a hole in the garage and holes are there to be filled, aren't they boys and girls? So fill it we shall, and fill it with this...

View attachment 475636

...which is electric. Really weird, like riding an e-bike I suppose and you can only really hear the wind rushing by. Don't imagine it's going to be fun on fast single carriage roads (only tried one, so far) but round town it's class. There's the worry of people not hearing you, so will probably ride with finger hovering over the horn. It's been 'chipped' as I think they only manages about 28mph usually, had 37 out if down hill, but takes some time to get there, of course. Charge supposedly lasts 30 miles, more like 25 the last owner said. Should be fun anyhow, and it's ultra cheap transport.

Aside from that. built my daughter's Pets-at-Home rabbit hutch today (simple enough job, to be fair) and ended up buying another cycle when supposed to be selling the ones I don't use. Nifty and highly enjoyable night on the pop last night too.
You can still hear them. There's an electric "motorbike" nearby that was hard to get used to on the road. There's the tyre noise that they can't cancel out.

The really odd thing was no engine noise. Stood out amongst the ones with "faulty" exhausts".

D

Deleted member 1258

Raced there on a good few occasions. It's also where I had my last racing crash - highsided a 250 coming out of the top corner onto the start finish straight. :thanks:

Ouch!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning. In a big rush today as we have a training session 10.30 - 15.30 for the U3A in Warrington. Then off to Manchester for pizza and the R4 comedy awards recording.

Since the BBC moved to Media City, Salford the number of free audience tickets available is fantastic. Done loads of shows with occasional appearance in an audience shot.

Must go and make coffee for Mrs P to get her out of the house by 9.39. This being the time she usually thinks about her first cup in bed!! :laugh:

Top Bottom