The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep......like they need to borrow money. :laugh:

They just aren't in a position to start a family.
:eek::eek::eek:
I was 21. Mrs D was 19. I earned 15 quid a week. Lived in a 2 up 2 down with no bathroom and a bog at the bottom of the yard. We started a family and cut our cloth blah blah blah. Happy days we still reminisce about.
Different generation........different world now innit.

Goldy

Not the hospital I hope? Very close to me then.
In the castle. Warners, no kids allowed :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:eek::eek::eek:
I was 21. Mrs D was 19. I earned 15 quid a week. Lived in a 2 up 2 down with no bathroom and a bog at the bottom of the yard. We started a family and cut our cloth blah blah blah. Happy days we still reminisce about.
Different generation........different world now innit.

Yep. Mrs P and I had been wed five years when she fell pregnant. No discussion, no planning it just happened. Two more arrived in the same way and Mrs P then announced I was getting the snip!!! :laugh:

We budgeted, holidays changed etc. etc. We lived off one wage for years and made it work.

Very tough to do that today.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I retired at 48 and then got bored after a year so I set up a small business to keep my end in. ( :eek: )

I didn't want to get as boring as you lot are. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Might retire again in the next year or two when Lovely Wife finally makes up her mind if she is to retire early or not.

PS: I've officially got Man Flu and feel crap. :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I retired at 48 and then got bored after a year so I set up a small business to keep my end in. ( :eek: )

I didn't want to get as boring as you lot are. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Might retire again in the next year or two when Lovely Wife finally makes up her mind if she is to retire early or not.

PS: I've officially got Man Flu and feel crap. :sad:
At 48 :eek::eek:
What were you?
Fireman?
Bobby?
Forces?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I've been retired for 5 years. 2.5 of those I was on dialysis. Now I just spend time on my own pottering around
Pleased that pottering around is going well

classic33

Leg End Member
I got a little 51 mile pootle in this morning, a ride that was pretty much the same as most of the rides I've done over the last few weeks, hard work into the breeze and a bit cool at first but warming up nicely as the ride went on. The only thing of note was getting very close to a bird of pray on Holly lane in Balsall Common on the way out, it was hunting above the verge on my left and when it saw me it flew up into the tree on my right.
On it's knees was it?

Top Bottom