The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
That's not thunder. That's my Y fronts creaking as I give them their weekly spray with air freshener.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
10.00!!!!!!!! Good morning. Woke at 6.15 which is usual get up time for an 8.00 ride meet as I have to leave at 7.30.

Checked out window. Calm and clear. I'm lacking motivation so back to bed and fell asleep. 7.00 huge clap of thunder and torrential rain. Decision made.

Woke again at 8.45 still raining. Sun is now :sun:

Drago

Legendary Member
You got class, that is for sure.

Yep, I'm a positive Pierce Brosnan ;)

When I get back from Daughters I'm going to clean and wax the Mad Max, spray all chrome, plated, or polished bits with Duck Oil, remove the battery, get it up on paddock stands and then zip it in its cover for the Winter months. I need to spend winter refitting the newly rebuilt heae to the FZR to get the fleet back up and running again. Even though I'm barely using them (the Max has done 90 miles this year, a ride out to SAR training and back, and to its MOT and back) I can't bring myself to part with them.

Dave7

Legendary Member
That's not thunder. That's my Y fronts creaking as I give them their weekly spray with air freshener.
You beat me to it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Right, stood om the scales, 18 stone 12.

I've had enough. The enforced cycling lay off is really narking me and not good for my health. Promlem is I'm tall and broad so don't look porky and still have a powerlifters frame, but I know it's there and annoying me.

Luckily, I'm bloody minded and have a will of absolute iron when something gets to me, so I'm back on my eating plan, back in the gym as much as I am able (anything involving right upper body is out for now, but everything else is getting a caning). Going to get back to my lean, ripped and bulked Dolph Lundgren best, the look that earned me the nickname Drago down at the police gym.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Right, stood om the scales, 18 stone 12.

I've had enough. The enforced cycling lay off is really narking me and not good for my health. Promlem is I'm tall and broad so don't look porky and still have a powerlifters frame, but I know it's there and annoying me.

Luckily, I'm bloody minded and have a will of absolute iron when something gets to me, so I'm back on my eating plan, back in the gym as much as I am able (anything involving right upper body is out for now, but everything else is getting a caning). Going to get back to my lean, ripped and bulked Dolph Lundgren best, the look that earned me the nickname Drago down at the police gym.
So this will of iron.......is this why you are 18 stone 12.
If so we must have similar will power:rolleyes:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yep, I'm a positive Pierce Brosnan ;)

When I get back from Daughters I'm going to clean and wax the Mad Max, spray all chrome, plated, or polished bits with Duck Oil, remove the battery, get it up on paddock stands and then zip it in its cover for the Winter months. I need to spend winter refitting the newly rebuilt heae to the FZR to get the fleet back up and running again. Even though I'm barely using them (the Max has done 90 miles this year, a ride out to SAR training and back, and to its MOT and back) I can't bring myself to part with them.

I can only say I recognise the words as English but joined up I haven't a clue what they mean!!!!!

:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom