The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

No idea what we are doing today. The plan was to drop Mrs Ds car of at the car wash near town, walk to the travel agents, have some lunch and tootle back home. However, in this rain there is little point in paying for a car wash so its back to the drawing board :sad:

I washed my car yesterday, it just needs the interior cleaning now.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Drawing board revisited and decision acted on^_^.
Went to a nearby shopping centre....... approx 3 miles away. Aldi, Asda plus some smaller shops visited.
Called at our local farm shop for some bird food.
While driving we had a rain storm. Torrential. Seen nothing like it for many years. The wipers couldnt cope and slowed to 20 on a 60 zone.
No fish for us today. It will be chicken in wine pie** with chips.
**for the peasants on here the pie will be in a dish with a suet pastry top:rolleyes:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I had a good doze, well went to bed for an hour. Sleep really.

Heard some sad news today. A casual friend, known off and on for 30+ years, has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He's 70 and only recently retired.

What hit home for me is whenever I hear someone has dementia, Alzheimer's etc. it's someone's granny, parent etc. This is for real, someone I know, someone I think of as a young person.

A close friend was recently diagnosed with Mantle Cell lymphoma. Very rare, 75 cases pa in the UK.

These things are starting to hit home in my house. It happens to other people, not friends.

Apologies, needed to say this.

Top Bottom